Main Menu

Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Follow the Money (The Dev...
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 10:13:36 AM
A good song, recording and mix Darren and Keith! I'm hearing a little bit of Pick Floyd vibe and that is great. The big bass bottom fills out the sound nicely. Great singing and commentary in the lyrics as well!

Cover Songs / Re: "This is What you Are" by ...
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 10:08:51 AM
Some cool jazzy swing is always cool to hear. Well done Alfredo and James!
Original Songs / Re: Wised-Up.
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 10:06:15 AM
A good, catchy song Steve. The muted chords and the tambourine give it an appealing "chucka chucka" type of rhythm,  which is cool. Too bad that third chord reared it's head and knocked you out of the 2-Chord Fest. But there's still time to do another one. Nicely done!
Original Songs / Re: The quiet man
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 09:28:00 AM
Great song Kenny.  Driving bass and kick so powerful, and the almost Mariachi brass is just perfect.  Vocal delivery is perfect and the signature Kenny lead marvellous!

Love it.
Original Songs / Re: Wised-Up.
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 09:20:52 AM
Fine song Steve.  Nothing wronng with a sneaky chord rearing its head- even if it does miss the brief!

Paul
Gear Lust / Re: New Guitar - Taylor nylon
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 09:08:45 AM
Quote from: Farrell Jackson on May 11, 2024, 02:55:53 PMI think there's a finger smudge on that black finish, lol! Black finishes are gorgeous but they do show all the smudges in the right light. I have a Black Takamine (steel string) and I'm constantly polishing it. That is a great looking Taylor (both of them) Paul. Does it have a flat fretboard? I look forward to hearing it in a song!

It does show every finger print - which is not good as I have a poor tendency to rest my right hand little finger on the body.  Terrible habit I know!  The finger board is fairly flat but maybe a slight radius.  25.5 scale length.
Original Songs / Wised-Up.
Last post by SteveB - Today at 08:20:38 AM
Orig was gonna be for the 2-Chord Fest, but a sneaky 3rd got in there somewhere. Basically palm-muting G Maj and an E-something to death, and then desperate stabs at the fretboard for noodling purposes. A tambourine also suffered a lot throughout. The lyric (as such), represents disillusionment.

ETA: Assembled in Cakewalk using a HB faux-Hummingbird and well-worn tamb.

Original Songs / Re: Fading Away
Last post by Ted - Today at 05:48:25 AM
The backer to this reminds me of some of ORH's lush accompaniment. Even knowing it was you, and knowing it is an instrumental, I was expecting that voice we know so well to arrive.

Really lovely playing. I'm having a difficult relationship with the internet today in Madagascar. I had to download it; it wouldn't buffer in the Songcrafters player. So this might be the only new SC song I can enjoy today. How lucky for me that it's so Songcraftery, and so sublime.
I'm posting this link as I thought everyone would know this song. However I was visiting Flash Harry at the weekend and played this for him and I was shocked he didn't know it. He was blown away by it tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0kJdrfzjAg
General Discussion / Re: What are you listening to ...
Last post by Ted - Today at 12:14:48 AM
If I were 25 years younger, Elle Cordova would easily replace Jodi Foster as my entertainer crush – although likely with the same "not into guys" problem.