Yamaha Jam

Started by godinqc, May 04, 2024, 06:39:39 PM

godinqc

Yamaha Jam
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I recently purchased a used Yamaha Pacifica 112J, I paid $125 for it , this guitar sounds great and plays really good .. Not sure why it was so cheap ..

I created a quick instrumental while playing around with it ..

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

hardlock

Fine tones for sure! I have a cheap old Yamaha acoustic and like it's tones as well. Great listen!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

the physics teacher

A perfect sound and plsyed real well.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Zoltan

Yamaha Pacificas were often mentioned in the guitar magazines as having most bang for the buck. At least that was when i was still reading those :)

I would imagine the Pacificas have kept their quality. Probably the only reason they're not more widely known is that they're not the kind of drool worthy (?) brand as say Gibson, or Fender. Or Schecter if you're Stephen and/or heavy musician :D

This sounds really great and the guitar pushes way beyond its price. If it feels great to play and inspires i'd say it's a win.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

I've seen a lot of inexpensive Yamaha Pacificas and thought about picking one up many times but never have. My son in-law has one and it plays, feels, and sounds like an quality instrument. Yours sounds excellent but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with your guitar skills. That's a great price you got it for!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

Great tone.  What kind of gear are you running it through?  Hard or software?

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

godinqc

>>  What kind of gear are you running it through?  Hard or software?

I'm using a guitar plugin from Neural DSP called Archetype Gojira.. It has some very nice presets/tones for clean acoustics and guitar leads , and of course it has some pretty heavy ones also since it's from Gojira.. :)

I purchased it this week as it was 50% off this week.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

karl1171

I think this deserved a better title than Yamaha Jam - I thought it was going to be some humdrum nonsense when saw that but its really excellent!

Great sound, composition and playing

cuthbert

Really nice tone, and you got it at a great price - congrats!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

There's a producer (also a blinding guitarist) named Warren Huart who has a nice YouTube channel. Every since saw him raving about one, I have had my antennae up for a good used purchase. They have garnered a small reputation, enough so that Yamaha has released some higher end models.

This post was super. Lovely playing and a cool tone. It's amazing what you can do in the box these days.

Cheers.

Blooby