Some new IK Multimedia hardware

Started by Blooby, May 08, 2024, 09:08:32 AM

Blooby

Basically, it's a guitar/bass direct/re-amp box with some tone-shaping features. I am using it in front of my Tonex and have been digging the results.

A music buddy was raving about this unit so I bit the bullet. It has settings for active or passive pickups, a switch between a clean or colored sound, but the coolest thing is an adjustable impedance control. Basically, you can go from a cleaner, thinner sound or fatten it up. It is subtle, but it does move things forward tone-wise. Definitely worth the $100 (at least for me).

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Zoltan

Blah, that looks like the thing some adult would buy. Or someone who was after some good sounds :)

Be careful with that setup. If Tonex wasn't enough and you needed something for the frontend... Next they might be selling something for the backend too!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Blooby

Quote from: Zoltan on May 09, 2024, 10:56:59 AMBe careful with that setup. If Tonex wasn't enough and you needed something for the frontend... Next they might be selling something for the backend too!

I suppose I'll have to travel to The Dark Web to purchase that.

Blooby

hooper

Blooby- Thanks for the tip on the Z-Tone DI box!  Yep, made me go get one and I really like it. Favorite use so far is for recording DI bass:
P bass -> Z-Tone -> Roland Cube 30 -> Line out straight into the recorder. Cleanest and easiest bass sound yet for me.  :)
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE