Main Menu

Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Sacrifice
Last post by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee - Today at 04:29:12 AM
Brilliant song Trevor. It has a cool 50's rock n roll vibe, and a bit of a stones feel. Great bass line and guitars. Catchy chorus, great vocals as always.
Cover Songs / On An Island , David Guilmour ...
Last post by Jean Pierre - Today at 12:42:30 AM
Corné (The Physical Teacher) gave me this cover of David Guilmour. This song was on my list of things I wanted to sing.
I listened to this song on YT, which I hadn't heard before, and I particularly liked the live version with Crosby and Nash as guest stars backing vocalists.
not too easy as I did all the instruments except the drums (Band in a Box)
3 telecaster guitar take ( sorry a Harley Benton clone ) with guitar rig 6
Hammond organ in plug in version
Fender precison bass ( Harley Benton clone )
String ensemble plug ins soundfont Merlin
Blow flute plug ins soundfont Merlin
3 voices processed with plug ins H Reverb , ultra maximiser wave,Mstereo expander from Meldaproduction and Voxformer Voxengo
Mastering with Ozone Element 11

That's it, I've recorded the vocals but I hope Corné will want to do the main vocal himself with the backtrack... I'm waiting for his version to make a little video for my Musical workshop with friends series (ex Containment Musical Worhop).

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Original Songs / Re: How to upload your song & ...
Last post by 64Guitars - Yesterday at 11:34:07 PM
Quote from: intouchweb on May 17, 2024, 09:37:41 PMHi, I am a newbie, just posted my first post with links to Spotify, Apple Music and Youtube, and I received an error message that I needed to include an .mp3 link, is that correct? Can't see it in the rules, but I added a link in the meantime

MP3 files are required so that the song can be automatically added to our jukeboxes such as Latest Songs.

The link you added doesn't work because it's not pointing to the actual mp3 file. Instead, it points to an HTML page on dropbox which shows their own player. That won't work in our player or jukeboxes.

Many music sites and file storage sites make it extremely difficult to get a direct link to your mp3 file. Presumably, that's because they don't want people hot linking to files on their servers. Two exceptions that I know of are alonetone and OneDrive. See this message:

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=32212.0

Alternatively, you can attach an mp3 file to your song post as long as its size is no more than 7MB. In that case, you don't need to use the [singlemp3] tags because our mp3 player will automatically be inserted into the message when an mp3 file is attached.

As you're a new member, I must point out that Songcrafters is for musicians who are actively recording now. It's not an archive site for people's past recordings. However, we don't mind if new members post one or two past recordings as a way of introducing themselves, but no more than two. After that, all of your song posts must be new recordings. Past recordings unfairly take the focus away from other members who are posting their current song creations.

General Discussion / Happy Birthday launched
Last post by 64Guitars - Yesterday at 11:12:17 PM
General Discussion / Re: Kenny and myself (60 Light...
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 03:06:53 PM
I love the first song... Hook is amazing for sure...

and the intensity in KM's vocals sit perfect with Michel's work... bloody great track and I will listen down as I can... thanks you folks
General Discussion / Re: Jukebox
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 03:04:20 PM
I totally agree Mike and just recently commented on this very subject on Desofree's latest post... it is a great "radio station".... lots of variety and very good stuff just like old 70's radio before they cared so much about gender (whoops) , I mean "genre"
General Discussion / Re: New pup
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 03:02:32 PM
good for you Tim.... a real friend and protector... sorry to hear about Dave's dog too... anyway... will look forward to hearing you when you get around to it.
General Discussion / Re: Public service announcemen...
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 03:00:52 PM
a lovely guitar STeve and so sorry you got it ripped...

yikes.
Original Songs / Re: Sacrifice
Last post by Ray Brookes - Yesterday at 02:20:14 PM
Cool track, Trev and that effect on your vocal works well. I like the lyrics too.
Original Songs / Re: The Barricades Between (A ...
Last post by Ray Brookes - Yesterday at 02:18:29 PM
Unusual to hear a ballad type of song from you, Ron but this is a great track. Incisive lyrics and well produced song.