I'm churning it out now!!!

Started by marcus_gloom, October 03, 2008, 09:14:43 PM

marcus_gloom

Hello to fellow owners of the shiny gadget!

Im marcus_gloom, this site really is heaven sent. It has helped me a lot in understanding how the gizmo works and in dispelling fears and doubts :) about Micro BR.

This i guess is best investment in gadgets i have ever made. I cant believe that i'm finally putting all my musical ideas into actual records now.

Hoping to post some work.

marcus_gloom

AlchemyMN

Welcome Marcus...

All that stuff in your head will flow into the BR, then sit back and wait for the head to fill up again. ;)

Greeny

Quote from: marcus_gloom on October 03, 2008, 09:14:43 PMThis i guess is best investment in gadgets i have ever made. /quote]

I think everyone on here would agree with that. It's a little wonder!

Looking forward to hearing your stuff!

Flash Harry

the next MBR should come with a special USB port that you can fit into your head and just think the stuff in there!

My fingers would never blister and peel ever again.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

Quotethe next MBR should come with a special USB port that you can fit into your head and just think the stuff in there!
would love one of them, but i think mbr is as close as we are gonna get for a while. saying that it wasnt that long ago i would get a hardon looking at my fostex 4 track multitracker and the ferric cassettes that i would pay lots of moola for to put in it to record.
so maybe its not too far off after all.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 07, 2008, 12:37:09 PM
Quotethe next MBR should come with a special USB port that you can fit into your head and just think the stuff in there!
would love one of them, but i think mbr is as close as we are gonna get for a while. saying that it wasnt that long ago i would get a hardon looking at my fostex 4 track multitracker and the ferric cassettes that i would pay lots of moola for to put in it to record.
so maybe its not too far off after all.

Things do move fast. If someone had told me fifteen years ago that I'd be recording on something like the BR then collaborating, sharing and talking about music over the internet, it would have seemed far-fetched. Even designing CD sleeves and colour printing them is a marvel to me. Who knows what's coming next?

I kind of miss making those tape inlay cards by hand though....  :)

guitarron

i've got a zillion tapes-what a pain in the ass

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Quotei've got a zillion tapes-what a pain in the ass
transfer them t your mbr then, thats what i did for a friend with his old demo tapes.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

every now and then i'll transfer for the the 4trk cassette to the pc-my interface face will record all the trks separately and makes storage easier-
my belts gave out on it tho-i've got to order new ones

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

marcus_gloom

You know whenever i read your posts about the "old school-method" of using tapes in recording, i always tell myself to have more patience in laying down tracks on the Micro BR because back then it must have really took a lot of patience to "realize" your musical vision.

The art of recording really takes a lot of discipline and dedication (translated: effort, time and money). But man, hearing YOUR OWN MUSIC, its just worth it.