Vote for the next festival (July/August 2010)

Started by 64Guitars, July 12, 2010, 12:05:49 PM

Geir

Quote from: cuthbert on August 23, 2010, 06:53:56 PMHmmm...a couple of those 'Rubber Soul' remaining tracks look tempting.  8)
I've been thinking that myself ::) .......
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Added a page of Beatles Links tonight. It's accessible from the main menu under "Festivals", or from the BeatlesFest jukebox page, just under the banner.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

The BeatlesFest has been a huge success and I, for one, hate to see it end. There are still so many songs that we could do, and it would be great to complete a few albums. So I was thinking of extending BeatlesFest for another six weeks, running it simultaneously with PirateFest. I don't want to take away from PirateFest but I got the impression from earlier polls and comments that there are only a few members who are really into PirateFest anyway. So I thought that those members could do as many pirate songs as they like and other members, who may not be interested in doing a pirate song, can continue working on Beatles songs. Maybe someone will do a Beatles song pirate-style and enter it both festivals ("Arrr, matey. We all be livin' in a yeller submarine").

What do you think? Is anyone opposed to this idea? Would it be unfair to those members who want a PirateFest?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

PirateFest? I never saw a vote for the next festival. I just see the old poll and that's it. Oh well, I suppose it was going to have to happen eventually.  ;D

I don't see why the Beatlesfest shouldn't be extended. It garnered a lot of participation(And is still doing so), which is good for the site. I only have one more left in me, which will soon be done, but with more time I might want to take a crack at another one. I will admit that I dreaded this one, but like the kid dragged to summer camp kicking and screaming I actually had a lot of fun once I got involved.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

Good idea 64G !!

And seeing some piratey Beatles tunes would sure be fun !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

I think a little concurrent festival activity wouldn't hurt and I'd love to do a couple more Beatles songs (and see a few albums 'completed') before it's over.

Either that, or a BeatlesFest II.  ;D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Quote from: launched on September 02, 2010, 08:14:13 AMPirateFest? I never saw a vote for the next festival. I just see the old poll and that's it. Oh well, I suppose it was going to have to happen eventually.  ;D

Henwrench asked for a PirateFest last December and I had said that we'd have it in January 2010.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5343.msg66456#msg66456

A few others also expressed an interest in PirateFest. But then a few more festival suggestions popped up and we had our first vote instead, which was won by Unplugged Fest (BeatlesFest was a close second at only 3 votes behind).

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=5851.0

In May 2010, I decided to schedule PirateFest from Sept 5 to Oct 16 to coincide with International Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19th. I've mentioned it several times since then.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=7112.msg93087#msg93087

That's why there was no vote.

Likewise, there will be no vote for YuleFest, which will be repeated every year at Christmas time. This year, it runs from Nov 28th to Jan 8th.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

launched

Ok, cool. I'm not a big participant in the Gen Dis section, so I miss out on a lot of the posts. Thank you for the explanation - I look forward to PirateFest!

What about the Halloween one? I liked that one a lot - Lots of great material.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

64Guitars

Quote from: launched on September 02, 2010, 08:55:57 AMWhat about the Halloween one? I liked that one a lot - Lots of great material.

We could do that again if enough members want it. I won't make it an annual thing but I'll add it to the next vote which begins Oct 3rd (the winning festival will run from Oct 17 to Nov 27).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

alfstone

It's surely a my problem, but I don't understand absolutely what kind of songs/tunes should be part of a PirateFest... ???

Maybe...songs about hackers??? ::) :o ??? ;D

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra