Anyone else got one of these?

Started by AndyR, March 31, 2010, 09:14:36 AM

AndyR

It's a Godin 5th Avenue archtop.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godin5thavenuep.htm

I was interested when they came out a couple of years ago, but other stuff got bought instead.

Anyway, I went for a little prowl yesterday and I found a selection and tried them all. I ended up going back today and going for one of the black ones.  :)

I've not owned an archtop before, it's a different experience than a flat-top, it's almost like it responds a bit like an electric (for me, anyway). I have a feeling it's going to make a nice songwriting and recording geetar...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ted

That's a nice looking guitar.  Let's hear it soon. 

This brings back memories.  A long time ago, when I was first learning to play, I had a cheap archtop.  I think it had nylon strings, although I'm not sure it was meant to, and I didn't know any better.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

I have looked at these at my local guitar store.  They look mighty fine.  They are made by "Godin" and that is a sign of quality as far as I am concerned.  I have two seagull acoustics (Godin makes this line too) and they are very high quality guitars for the money.  There is most likely a real beaut.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

Ooh! how nice! I love my Godin Solidac. This looks very sweet.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

AndyR

It seems to get better each day - not sure if it's my imagination or not though :D

Hopefully I'll be recording it in the next couple of days. I've just been getting to know my other recent new friend (a BR1600) over the past day or two, in between visits from the in-laws, etc...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1