Blue Cat Audio freeware audio plug-ins

Started by thouston, February 03, 2010, 11:51:22 AM

thouston

All Blue Cat Audio freeware audio plug-ins gathered together in a bundle. It's here! Save download time and get them all in a single package.

The bundle contains a wide range of modulation effects, an EQ and analysis tools to get you started with your favorite Digital Audio Workstation, for free! This bundle is available for Mac and PC, in VST, RTAS, Audio Unit and DirectX plugin formats, for both 32 and 64-bit architectures (for the platforms that support them). Enjoy!

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Bundle_FreewarePack/
Tony Houston

cuthbert

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Glenn Mitchell

Please excuse my ignorance. But do you have to use a "Blue cat " DAW program for these plugins?
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

thouston

QuotePlease excuse my ignorance. But do you have to use a "Blue cat " DAW program for these plugins?

No, plug-ins are small, "helper" software programs, i.e. amp models, reverb, compressors, etc, that work inside your main recording software (DAW).

I use Reaper http://www.reaper.fm/ and can use the plug-ins while recording.
Tony Houston

dwardzala

Quote from: thouston on February 07, 2010, 09:19:33 AM
QuotePlease excuse my ignorance. But do you have to use a "Blue cat " DAW program for these plugins?

No, plug-ins are small, "helper" software programs, i.e. amp models, reverb, compressors, etc, that work inside your main recording software (DAW).

I use Reaper http://www.reaper.fm/ and can use the plug-ins while recording.

Just to add to Tony's post for completeness, you can also use them when you are mixing.
Dave

BR-600

launched

I'm trying to get these to work in Audacity, but haven't had any luck yet. They get installed in the Steinberg Plugins folder by default, so I'm wondering if that's it. I think the new version is supposed to check both the default and the Steinberg folders.

Maybe a copy into the default folder and reboot, see what happens...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

I haven't had much luck with Audacity 1.3.11 recognizing the Steinberg\VSTPlugins folder.

Ended up putting a few in the Audacity root folder, and that seems to work...mostly.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

Quote from: cuthbert on February 15, 2010, 04:59:33 PMI haven't had much luck with Audacity 1.3.11 recognizing the Steinberg\VSTPlugins folder.

Ended up putting a few in the Audacity root folder, and that seems to work...mostly.

The root folder or the plugins folder? And will it read into a folder that I create under that, because it's a big package with lots of files...

And did you have to reboot your computer?

I ask a lot of questions when I see blood...  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

Quote from: launched on February 15, 2010, 05:05:19 PMThe root folder or the plugins folder? And will it read into a folder that I create under that, because it's a big package with lots of files...

I had to put it in the root Audacity folder, not the plugins folder within it. I did not reboot my system at the time, just relaunched Audacity after ticking the "read plugins" checkbox in the application prefs (not sure of the exact label of the checkbox).
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

Quote from: cuthbert on February 15, 2010, 11:32:38 PMI had to put it in the root Audacity folder, not the plugins folder within it. I did not reboot my system at the time, just relaunched Audacity after ticking the "read plugins" checkbox in the application prefs (not sure of the exact label of the checkbox).

Ahh, thank you. I was unaware of the "Read Plugins". That's a nice perplexing hindrance to the program as it only takes a couple miliseconds to check for a plugin.

Quote from: launched on February 15, 2010, 05:05:19 PMThe root folder or the plugins folder? And will it read into a folder that I create under that, because it's a big package with lots of files...

And yes, after knowing you have to force a plugin rescan, I can put subfolders of an entire group of plugins in Audacity's Plug-Ins directory. Although it is unfortunate that a menu subfolder does not get created in the effects menu for ease of use (Scrolling menus suck), the plugins do at least show up.

Thanks, Cuth. I appreciate the help!  8)
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover