Daddy by Emmy Lou Harris

Started by Bigsky, July 19, 2008, 10:30:21 AM

Bigsky

00 - Unknown - DADDY_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is my first attempt with my new micro br so be gentle.

Oldrottenhead

looking for great things from you bigsky if thats what you can do on a first go. great song am not familiar with it but you have your own sound going on great work.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Not a great country fan, but quality stuff, especially for a first try on the MBR! Had to stop myself singing Me and Bobbie M'gee at the start there tho lol.

Bigsky

Thanks guys, I enjoy all types of music but thought this one would be an easy one to start with. I lost my father to a car accident so this song has always been a favorite of mine. I am really enjoying this MBR, and you will hear some better stuff soon. Thanks again

Doug

Fmarkow

Listened to all yer stuff on Weeloop, some thoughts:

You definitely nail the acoustic / vocal / singer-songwriter genre, keep them coming. I especially liked 'I spoke as a Child,' great stuff, always like a song that can quote St. Paul.  The BR canned drums don't (in my humble opinion) sit well with your very natural, organic style, so I would keep those to a minimum. I would also avoid the chorus type effects on the strummed electric guitar, keep it real and retro, that is your zone of strength. The real (?) drums on Daddy definitely worked, sounds like you had a real band working for you (or did you do all the parts)? Anyhow, I would definitely stick with that approach and you will be GOLDEN!

Bigsky

Thanks for the feedback, I always welcome comments. I am having a lot of fun with the MBR. I have always just played my acoustic usually by myself or with a few others so the whole band thing is new to me, trying to get the right beat and then throwing in some lead is fun but I'm not that good at it yet. All I can do is keep at it.

mduckworth73

Sounds really good.
Be careful, the MBR can be addictive.