Getting a good Guitar sound/tone

Started by Dmann, January 02, 2010, 11:32:59 AM

Dmann

I was surfing the net and came across these great videos on Musicians Friend / Harmony Central. For many of us guitar players we know all this already, but I thought that this is very good information that needs to be shared. There are a total of 42 videos on here, and all of them are great, but the ones I am talking about are 3 parts called "PRS Good Guitar Sound."

When you click the link it will play the 1st video, about setting up a cascading delay effect (Eddie Van Halens Cathedral), This video Explains how to set up dotted 8th noted and the formula for figuring out BPM to Delay time in milliseconds... VERY HELPFUL!

I didn't know how to link to the videos I wanted, so you will have to select them from the scrolling menu on the right hand side.

Enjoy and Learn :)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/mediacenter?ch=hc&cat=Instructional&vid=HCVideoLesson_CascadeEffect&playlist=instructional&src=3NL9MV&ZYXSEM=0&indiv_id=1253868

Satchwood

Hey thanks for the link Dmann!!!  It was fun seeing everything written out and broken down by a pro!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

henwrench

45/tempo....WOW!!!

the secret formula!!

thats cool, daddio!!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR