Hi...I'm the new guy

Started by jvbattles, November 06, 2009, 09:01:08 PM

John Battles....Lima Ohio...Just bought a BR600 on Ebay and now am anxiously awaiting and seeing what this group is all about. Playing for a bunch of years, still suck. Why I want to record ? Not sure but look fwd to it. Love electric blues and hard rock. Lately amazed by Bonamassa . Hope to get to know a few of you and learn alot.

Bluesberry

Welcome aboard John, you have found a very fun place for sure.  Bonamassa hu, I love that guys tone, he really does it for me too.  I love blues rock a lot. Rory Gallagher is my main guitar hero.  Record some stuff, post it up, get some great comments from all the folks that like music, you'll see, it is addictive for sure.

Dave from Atlantic Canada.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Thanks Bluesberry....quick question, I realize from what I've read thatwe can import backing tracks to jam against....any idea where to find good blues ?

Bluesberry

Quote from: jvbattles on November 06, 2009, 09:12:37 PMThanks Bluesberry....quick question, I realize from what I've read thatwe can import backing tracks to jam against....any idea where to find good blues ?
Good blues you say?  Why don't you send a Personal Message to 48, he has lots of blues backers on his Boxnet account that he can pass over to you.  Also if you go through all the posts in the colab thread you will find lots of blues backers, have a look there.  From time to time someone posts a great blues backer and a bunch of us do a jam over it and post the finished jam in the microBR post your work section.  Colabs will have the backers and Post your work the finished jams for these over the past year or so, just go back in history.  Lots of great blues guitar action (from all levels of playing experience) going on in this site for sure, you're going to like it here I am sure.

Update, I just had a quick look in the colabs section and found this: https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=4840.msg59613#msg59613 click the link and have a look.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Diego Ayala

Greetings from Nome Alaska John!  And hope to hear some of your music - you may be able to find some folks to collab w/you ---  would any blues or rock blues do for you?  

Take care and I am sure you'll enjoy this forum!!!

Thanks..everyone. Now all I gotta do is wait for my BR600 to get here . Looks like it'll be fun. I appreciate the links and responses.

The Reverend 48

For some bizarre reason they call me "Mr Blues"...
I guess its cos I kinda like the blues a bit ;D
I have a collection of around 200 Blues jam tracks :o
let me know the style your after and I'll fire a few your way ;)
BTW Welcome to the BR Blues Brothers (and sisters)

Hey 48

I like electric blues better than the Mississippi mud stuff. I began with SRV, moved onto Tommy Castro,Gary Moore,Walter Trout,Tab Benoit type stuff....I currently am listeming to alot of Bonamassa. I like to play over slower stuff (cause I ain't that good) but will be learning more techniques with my BR600 so I'll appreciate anything you got.

What about you ?

The Reverend 48

You sound like you love your Blues.... 8)
You may fancy joining our "All Stars"...... ;)
https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=2972.0
Anyway fire me an email and I'll sort some stuff for you
mmacforte@googlemail.com
Mike

fenderbender

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600