Hard rock 48 ( challenge)

Started by StevieM, August 09, 2009, 05:15:56 PM

StevieM

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Pretty laughable I know ( well, cringable probably too), but thought I'd have a go at this.

A few duff bits, try to ignore those?? Mucked up the ending a bit too, but don't think my fingers could go through doing that again for a while :'(
At least it makes everyone else sound SO much better than they already do ;D

Oh well, back to the lessons!!!!

I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Bluesberry

Thats the spirit!!!!! There is enough aggression and attitude here to light a fire.  Its great to play along for so long eh?  You go into a kinda trance for a few minutes.  Great attempt, Its nowhere as bad as you make it out to be, pretty damn rocking if you ask me.  You just need a few more notes.  ;)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

Stop putting yourself down  >:(

You transferred your recently acquired blues knowledge to a rock track, impressive

You stuck to what you know, sensible.

You created several hooks and repeated them, musical.

You had good tone and timing, which is in the fingers, essential!

All good here mate. Half of us got lost at the ending, I know I did!! As Mike expands on the scales,and you perfect the various techniques,  you will find new places to go, more options, more variety :D

I am laying down the rhythm and bass tracks for the song btw, not going too well, but you should have mail for the morning  :-\

And BB, I go into a trance after the intro  :o

The Reverend 48

Blinding Stuff Steve This is not for the fainthearted you really
had a go and as SG says its all good just more experience
we all still need it!
3 months ago you would have run a mile!

launched

This is great - You are getting a cool Mike Campbell sound with the gain and the feedback. The steady downpicking and hammer ons sounded great!! Way to hang in until the end, too! I would never attempt something like this - It's tough for me to brave through a mere eight measures. :P

Tight licks and timing - You have that, and it's all you need, man!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

I think you didn't do at all bad here Steve. It actually sounds quite punky (and as an old punk I like that), the sound is good and the rhythm is good. There are a few glitches but nothing terrible and there are some nice double stops in there. Well done for having a go, I think you did a lot better than you give yourself credit for.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Cool jam Steve - some cool guitar licks - kinda apache-jam session!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

StevieM

Thanks guys.
I ummed and ahhed, then had second and third thoughts a bout posting this, but then said 'sod it, why not?' ;D.
Got to admit, it didn't seem that bloody long when I listened to the backer!!!!
Now I know why bands like Metalica have a few slower melodic tracks in their sets.
BB--- I'm sure there were a few more notes in there when I did it--- I think the E Pixies snaffled some of them ::)

Mike---  Run a mile? I have trouble jogging a 100 yards!! Oh, right, yeh, I get it now ;D
You're not wrong there.

Steve-- got your e mail, internet's been down most of the evening, get back to you tomorrow ( well, later today seeing as it's 12.30am)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Wiley

I am truly impressed and private and on the side. No Way!!! I am telling it here where everyone can see.  You are truly wonderful.  I have been afraid to try it.  You know I have to stay in my box sometimes. I got as far as downloading.LOL You have inspired me though.  Can't let you get to far ahead. A BIG SMILE FOR YOU!!!

Geir

Great rocking with an attitude!! Almost punky in parts and it works great!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........