'Showtime' - a Greeny Monday original

Started by Greeny, April 15, 2024, 04:26:59 AM

Trist

Very well crafted track and production, real nice work on this track, the mix is great and the guitars and vocals.
for me has a kind of new order / marc almond style to it a bit, really nice i enjoyed this song a lot

Mike_S

Tim, this is a great piece of music. It immediately got my attention just with that lovely vibe it has but then I paid more attention to the theme and lyrics. Absolutely brilliant mate and for what it's worth i can relate in a similar but maybe slightly different way. Social anxiety, etc it's not cool in one way but in another way a journey wrestling with it can build some kind of amazing strength too... you can see life in a totally different way.

BUT... back to the song. The only word for this really is magnificent.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Yes just a  Greeny classic, really get the themes you have described and all that effects the individual.
Still this is cool tune, big respect!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ron D Bowes

Great song. Well written, produced and performed. Great vocal delivery and nice laid back bridge. Top notch!

Oldrottenhead

Fabulous with a full spectrum of sounds. Pun intended.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

maxit

Cool to have a green monday again!!! Great song, english sounding to the bone, to me, Almond, Bowie, Oasis, whatever. I just finished to read How music works, where David Byrne self-diagnose some kind of autism, being music the 'only' possibility to communicate outside (well I kinda suspected he was 'full spectrum weird', to mix ORH and 2regs sayings...). Still, the way tim's words resonate with the most of us makes me think we are really a support community lol.   
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

I tend to listen more to the sounds of the words in a song first - how they fit together, and also with the music. The lyrics resonated with me - certainly in some social situations. Others can be easier.

Although it could be considered a somewhat uncomfortable topic, it's one that's delivered in a very catchy tune with a memorable chorus. And I love that.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

BerryPatch

Stellar song Greeny! It's great to see you on here again. Great production and excellent lyrics. The bass and keyboards really stand out!

SE

Yes back for more Beatlesque, coolness, just excellent!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ted

Quote from: Greeny on April 15, 2024, 04:26:59 AMNever thought I'd get Scalectrix in a lyric!

You made me look it up: a word I used to know, and had forgotten. When I was young I had Scalectrix slot cars. One of my favorite cars was very fidgety. When it was fast, it was very fast. Other times it failed to make contact with the rails. I felt a weird kind of compassion for the car. I was constantly trying to position the copper braids in the most efficient angle so that the car could shine. There's a song idea – perhaps another song with the word "Scalectrix" – and on similar theme.

I'm starting to pay closer attention to how you produce – the lush sounds, the panning placement, and of course the magic of the MBR.

Your bass playing is wonderful. I'm supposedly a bass player, and I'm tempted to sit down and learn your bass parts note-for-note to see what I will learn.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac