Wicked Slave

Started by StephenM, April 11, 2024, 04:48:46 PM

Ted

Huh?

Explain. Is this a live "band?" Who is on what?

One of these day's I'll write the full story about the time played bass for a Christian cult band. I was on a solo bicycle touring trip in the southern USA - 1987 I think. I never knew where I would sleep at night. It was getting to be early evening and I was somewhere in Georgia. I had to think about where I would be sleeping. I heard a rock band playing as I passed by an abandoned-looking motel. I carefully pedaled to the room from where the sound was coming. I peeked in the door, and saw two guitarists and a drummer. There was a bass and a bass amp, but no bassist. So I opened the door and everyone stopped playing and looked at me. I sheepishly said, "Hi! Need a bass player?" They said "Sure!" So I played with them.

[Fast forward to the end of the story.]

In the morning I got up really early and pedaled the hell away from there before anyone else woke up.

This song reminded me of that story.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on April 24, 2024, 05:28:12 AMHuh?

Explain. Is this a live "band?" Who is on what?

One of these day's I'll write the full story about the time played bass for a Christian cult band. I was on a solo bicycle touring trip in the southern USA - 1987 I think. I never knew where I would sleep at night. It was getting to be early evening and I was somewhere in Georgia. I had to think about where I would be sleeping. I heard a rock band playing as I passed by an abandoned-looking motel. I carefully pedaled to the room from where the sound was coming. I peeked in the door, and saw two guitarists and a drummer. There was a bass and a bass amp, but no bassist. So I opened the door and everyone stopped playing and looked at me. I sheepishly said, "Hi! Need a bass player?" They said "Sure!" So I played with them.

[Fast forward to the end of the story.]

In the morning I got up really early and pedaled the hell away from there before anyone else woke up.

This song reminded me of that story.

so it is live in that I did each instrument in 1 take, recording each track... and then I mixed it live from there to "tape"... like the band was playing in front of me and what I am putting into the main is getting recorded... I like that kind of mixing...
also that is one incredible story... so cool that you would just pop in and offer... and they accept... that is kind of what music is all about in a big way.. I love these stories Ted.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner