Just Leave Me Alone

Started by Mike_S, April 11, 2024, 03:08:26 AM

Mike_S

Just Leave Me Alone
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Been at a bit of a crossroads in my head. Sort of felt like changing sound a bit, so was messing around with barre chords and this riff popped out. Then the title came to me and I wrote the rest around that. Production pretty dry, less reverb etc for that rockier sound.

2 rhythm guitars left and right playing similar thing
1 lead
bass and drums garageband
1 vocal

Cheers
Mike

Sometimes I can't get through
No matter how I try
Feel like I might explode
I might just let it fly

And if you think you see
that look upon my face
You better disappear
Don't you leave a trace

Just leave me alone

Sometimes I don't feel good
A little outta sync
Just need a little space
A little time to think

You wouldn't want mess
With me when I'm like that
You'll see a different side
There'll be no going back

Just leave me alone

So you wanna look
Wanna look inside
You wanna know
What I got to hide

Just leave me alone

You wouldn't want to see
What's inside my mind
It's not a pretty sight
Not what you wanna find

Just leave me alone

So you wanna look
Wanna look inside
You wanna know
What I got to hide

Just leave me alone

recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

I've had days like that four kids three dogs 7 sheep 3 lambs will do it to you...what was I thinking...JUST LEAVE ME ALONE !! I'm projecting again ...sorry .... A great song Mike hit the nail on the head so to speak  :D

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

hardlock

Great song! Great theme! One suggestion if I might - turn the LD up some as on my system it gets buried in the mix. Otherwise a fine production and performance! 8)   
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

karl1171

Great song, well played and sung. Its a kind of familiar style, which is a good thing, but I can't place what its putting me in mind of.

StephenM

another great Mike S song...
a real head wrecker.
it is a bit different for you.  I love the guitars ... they remind me of the great UK bands of the 60's/70's.. lots of harmonic color in there.
the bass pulses this just right and the drums chug right along like a diesel engine pulling a mile of train cars up a mile long hill.
Yeah, the lead could be louder but it works as is too...
will have to hear this a few more times.
really like the lyrics and vocals as per usual!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Excellent perspective with the words, Mike. They ring true to me. Top notch vocal. The rhythm guitars draw me in...the whole song is very appealing! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

Yes, this is different for you. It's got a taste of late 70's new wave, and pub rock. Graham Parker comes to mind. Just a really simple and strong song. Well done!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

chapperz66

A fine song and great production.  Personally I like a dry production and only use reverb sparingly.  A little room verb on vocals, a touch maybe on a snare and lead guitar. 

Really enjoyed listening.

Paul

StephenM

Quote from: chapperz66 on April 12, 2024, 03:20:12 AMA fine song and great production.  Personally I like a dry production and only use reverb sparingly.  A little room verb on vocals, a touch maybe on a snare and lead guitar. 

Really enjoyed listening.

Paul

ah ha!  I got the Paul Chapman secret sauce recipe!  ah ha!  imagine that?  Go easy on the effects (note to me (jackass).... yeah... no wonder you sound so great. 

Mike, I got this looping.  It is so good.   I am having a great day.  Now this is playing and the day just got that much better....... yes.  alone is and can be and is a wonderful thing.  I totally get it.  I see why I gravitate toward your vibe.  It's a frequency that I identify with and learn from you very much.  We don't really understand that the vibrations within us come out in our work, our creations, and the folks who interact with that start to identify with aspects of their spiritual self they are developing and sharing.  It is very powerful.  The internet is changing the world faster than ever before because now these interactions can take place across oceans and continents in the blink of the eye.  I am fortunate to know you !!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

I think this is my personal theme tune. Maybe it's universal for men *ahem* of a certain age.

I like the spiky, angular drive of this, and the guitars sound great. The dry mix works very well, and the whole thing is really tasteful and classy.

Excellent stuff.