I Don't Read the Bloody Papers

Started by Ron D Bowes, April 05, 2024, 07:40:46 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is bloody great Ron. I agree with your Rant 100% lol.
It sounds like Ian dury and the blockheads. Especially the talkie lyrics.
The music is great, nice funky guitar. Great drums,bass and vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Greeny

A very tasty Ian Dury vocal and a nice spiky lyric. The contrast between the jagged verses and those catchy 'oooh' bridges is great. Fine work!

Ted

Loving the groove. I think this song will resonate with a lot of people. Have you posted this anywhere else? Any traction?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ron D Bowes

Quote from: the physics teacher on April 05, 2024, 08:30:30 AMLove the lyrics Ron and your accent.where is that from if you don't mind me asking?
Is it from London?
Quote from: Zoltan on April 05, 2024, 12:02:39 PMAre we hearing the influence of the bow bells? :)

A cool and funky song with a message many of us can relate to.
It's a North East Hampshire accent - which has a lot of similarities to a cokney accent.

Ron D Bowes

Quote from: Ted on April 08, 2024, 05:42:25 AMLoving the groove. I think this song will resonate with a lot of people. Have you posted this anywhere else? Any traction?
I posted it on a couple of other sites and it's getting a good enough response, so I will definitely add it to my next album. ;-)

StephenM

this rocks but I really love your accent on the spoken parts... I never noticed it so much on your singing previous.
great song... really rocking and energetic and also makes one stop and think.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

That groove forces you into a trance, and the off-kilter drum part in the vocal interlude was perfect.

Fun.

Blooby

karl1171

Yeah it resonates with me too! Really good song, catchy and well performed

Ted

Quote from: Mike_S on April 06, 2024, 04:39:44 PMRon. This is brilliant. This is maybe my fav of yours. Packs a punch and the message is great.

Mike

I think this was your 5000th post – the post that elevated you to Super Hero status.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac