Durty Blooze

Started by AndyR, June 29, 2009, 02:36:56 PM

Vanncad

Great job Andy. Guitar tone is very nice and fits the tune to a "t".

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Ferryman

It's great Andy, especially where you get all double stoppy. Definitely a big hint of Billy G. The intro is very nice as well, very clever and melodic. I know what you mean about playing lead for three minutes, twelve bars is about all I can manage, I think you carried this off very well. Some nice licks I haven't heard before, so some of your own style definitely coming through.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Great blues licks on this here!!  I really like the scalar lick in the begining!!

Nice lead tone and polished blues guitar playing - a pleasure to listen to!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

antisocialworker

nice blues licks here, some i've never heard before. I usually find myself repeating licks over and again, beacuse I really only know 10 or so, the rest is "button mashing" the scale  as a video gamer would put it. I've picked up a few more to add to my list. thanks.

AndyR

Wow! Did I do that? :lol:

Thanks for finding it - listening to it has just put a big smile on my face...

I have to say though - part of the power of this recording is the fanastic backer, it's got a really satisfying "thunk" to it. I think 48 posted it originally?

Funny you saying the "button mashing" thing - I was talking about it with the missus yesterday. I didn't realise that most people, eg her, didn't realise, that's ALL I'm doing. Half the time I don't know what I'm gonna play next. All I've got is a vocabulary of licks, a library of tonal tricks, and 30 years of familiarity with the fretboard... we realised that I'm sort of "talking" with the guitar - same as when most of us talk with our mouths: we've got a bunch of words and phrases, and tones of voice, that we use all the time to try and say something new!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

OsCKilO

I'm Sure I commented on this.....

I Really Loved the way is didn't sound like "Run of the Mill" blues!

Some of the Most expressive Stuff I have Ever Heard......

Thats it.....  I'm Gonna try some Blues.......
If I wanna be this good, I Guess I'll See you in 30 years....

Awesome Track!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Pamala

that's some real tasty stuff! Just LOVE the groove 'n da bloose.

Blooby

This is ridiculously good.  Nice tone as well.

Blooby