WILD HORSES, Rolling Stones version instrumentale DOBRO

Started by Jean Pierre, December 14, 2023, 02:16:24 AM

Jean Pierre

WILD HORSES VERSION DOBRO INSTRUMENTAL render MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLdKkKMAwoQ

I heard on YT a beautiful instrumental version for Dobro of Wild horses by the Stones...I remembered that I had done a cover version of it sung on SC in ...2015, I looked for it and it seems to have disappeared in the message

So I did the instrumental version for Dobro
it's a Joe Wilson arragement for dobro
For the video I used the footage I filmed a few years ago on the beach at Hyeres, near the racecourse ...in this case it's injured horses undergoing rehabilitation and thalassotherapy...so not wild horses at all :)

I'm going to remix and remaster the sung version which I'll republish on SC so that I can have it in my jukebox (which is actually quite handy for archiving a version of what we do in music).

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Geir

Is that's just beautiful JP.

Love the sound of your dobro.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pete C

Very nice instrumental version of one of my favourite Stones' songs. Nice to see Hyeres again. We've had a few holidays near there in Cavaliere.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

TPB

We used to do this live on acoustic night always loved singing it and the crowd usually sang along. The Doro is truely impressive
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

Thank you Tim, indeed a great song by the Stones, you should do it again here just for fun

Thank you Pete, Hyeres and the region is really a wonderful region, I was there for many years because I was addicted to funboarding and the spot at Almanarre in Giens (Hyeres) is very famous.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Mike_S

Yes lovely version of this great Stones track. that dobro gives it an extra dramatic edge. good work JP.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

I was working while listening to this and got lost in the playing.

This version is so far removed from what Stones would do that it would work even as a soundtrack piece. It's dreamy sounding.

Great one JP!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jean Pierre

QuoteThis version is so far removed from what Stones would do that it would work even as a soundtrack piece

It's true Zoltan, I agree...and yet I've followed the harmonic grid scrupulously, but the melody is quite linear in the end...