My Jesus I love thou Stephen M and JP

Started by Jean Pierre, December 07, 2023, 02:02:34 AM

Jean Pierre

MY JESUS I LOVE THOU Version définitive
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Christmas festival submission

I had heard this hymn in a very personal version by Steve (Stephen M)

out of curiosity I listened on you tube to other versions of this song and I found a version by a Bluegrass band with a 4-voice choir and I wanted to do it
I made an instrumental backtrack with guitars (acoustic strumming and nylon string guitar), bass, low whistle in D , Dobro guitar and a violin on keyboard.

I suggested it to Steve, who did two of the vocals, and then I did the 3rd voice.

Thanks Steve, and see you soon for new musical adventures!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

JP, je suis heureux que ma version de cette chanson vous ait inspiré à approfondir cette question. Une autre bonne chose est venue du fait que j'ai utilisé ma voix comme une version acapella que j'ai partagée sur certains sites de médias sociaux avec des amis proches et ma famille. Merci de m'avoir invité. Votre musique est incroyable... c'est beaucoup de bon travail. De plus, vos ajouts vocaux sont très sympas !

JP, I am happy that my version of this song inspired you to look into it further.  Another good thing of this came about as I used my vocals as an acapella version which I have shared on some social media sites with close friends and family.  Thanks for inviting me into this.  Your music sounds amazing... alot of great work.  Also your vocal adds are very nice!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Geir

Nicely done. This is very beautiful. From the backing track, with the amazing dobro to the pitch perfect vocals.

Well done
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

StephenM

Quote from: Geir on December 07, 2023, 03:45:37 PMNicely done. This is very beautiful. From the backing track, with the amazing dobro to the pitch perfect vocals.

Well done

it helps to really know the song and also the use of the wonderful auto tune... robo steve... but hey, we use effects on guitars so I am not gonna beat myself up...lol...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

for Geir , and others

Quotewith the amazing dobro to the pitch perfect vocals.

about auto tune...

I don't know if Steve used auto tune on his vocals, I put the vocal tracks he sent me as they were...after checking with Melodyne they were very accurate...

Melodyne or equivalent are incredible tools and are used almost systematically in recording studios.

Personally, I use Melodyne on non-fretted instruments such as lap steel, weissenborn guitar, dobro ...especially on lap steel which have very soft strings (low tension) and are therefore very sensitive to the force of the bottleneck or tone bare, not to mention the precision required due to the absence of frets.

The dobro has very hard strings (strong draw) and so I don't use it much with it.

On the other hand, I systematically correct my low whistle in D (which is an American sostino, correct) but which plays the notes a few hundredths of a tone below the LA 440 ... and sometimes it's audible.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Zoltan

A match made in heaven! Your voices blend together so well.

Stephen sounds soft and gentle in the main vocals. A far cry from his wilder side. It's the sound of Stephen in the sunday morning. When the light is shining on his face and he has yet to kick his toe on the drawer.

The musical backing track is also really fitting. Lots of gentle small melodies and country vibe.

If these guys came playing on our porch i wouldn't throw snowballs at them!
(The dogs would probably get them, but they're not into music...).

Great one! Without playing favourites the best Christmas/Religious/Hymnal tune so far this year!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

TPB

My oh my this so sweet this would be a hit at any Christmas or church show here
All I can say is BRAVO Gentleman
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

cuthbert

Great collaboration, guys - smooth vocals and some very nice picking. Well done.

Unfortunately, it doesn't qualify for the Yulefest because there's nothing about Christmas or the holiday season itself in the lyrics. It's a Christian hymn, but it is not a Christmas hymn or carol - the latter two of which there are several examples of in our Yulefest jukebox.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ray Brookes

Very nicely performed both instrumentally and vocally and so cool in that blue-grass vibe. Well done to you both.
Ray Brookes

Jean Pierre

merci Ray,Zoltan Tim, Gear pour vos gentils commentaire

merci Cuthbert
QuoteUnfortunately, it doesn't qualify for the Yulefest because there's nothing about Christmas or the holiday season itself in the lyrics

Yes, in fact I had a doubt...it's not really a Christmas song and you're quite right not to put it in Yulefest...

Well, there's no shortage of Christmas songs...I'm going to find one to do a Low wisthle/ Autoharp  ;)