Happy Christmas, war is over

Started by ianjm, December 06, 2023, 11:29:44 PM

ianjm

happy-christmas
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is me and my band, undercover.
Were supposed to do a gig last weekend but had to cancel due to snow. This John Lennon classic was one we were including, so thought we'd record it.

Recorded on a zoom R8 and mixed and tweaked on Cakewalk

Jean Pierre

I didn't know this song...I read the lyrics and their translation, a song of hope, in the first degree and perhaps of spite and resignation in the face of eternal human stupidity in the second degree.

Merci pour la découverte..et très belle realisation
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

awesome job Ian and band... sorry to hear about your gig getting cancelled... but some folks really missed out... this is great! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

A great addition to the XMAS fest bravo to all involved
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

cuthbert

Great cover, ianjm. And certainly in the spirit of Yulefest. However...

Quote from: ianjm on December 06, 2023, 11:29:44 PMThis is me and my band, undercover.
Were supposed to do a gig last weekend but had to cancel due to snow. This John Lennon classic was one we were including, so thought we'd record it.

Are all the other members of the band also members of Songcrafters? That's a hard requirement for adding any song to a festival here. Please refer to rule #2 of the Festivals post from 64Guitars.

If they are all Songcrafters members, please let me know their user names here or via PM and then I will add the song to the jukebox. Otherwise, I'm afraid it doesn't qualify for the festival.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Geir

Well done Ian and band. This sounds great

To bad about the missed gig

Merry Xmas
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Zoltan

Yeah, shame about the missed gig! This sounds great and would have gone down well i'm sure. Hopefully it was just one of many gigs...

I know rules are rules and law is for the protection of the people... So if your band isn't part of SC maybe you should quickly enlist them. Then you can get the song into the Christmas Fest. It would make the song easier to find when people are getting into Christmas spirit with their Christmas spirits :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

kenny mac

Well done to all.
Damn weather ,nothing worse than being hyped up for a gig and it's cancelled.
Good band.