Woodstock 2009 - 40th Anniversary BossBR.net Festival - July 15th to August 17th

Started by 64Guitars, June 23, 2009, 11:22:32 PM

64Guitars

Woodstock Jukebox              Woodstock Tribute Info              Newest Woodstock Posts

5 weeks of peace and music

NeilFest ran for one month and was a great success. For our next BossBR Festival, I'd like to propose a 40th Anniversary celebration of Woodstock, beginning July 15th and ending August 17th. Please don't jump the gun. If you want to get started learning and recording some songs now, that's fine. But don't post anything until July 15th. That way, we'll all have a few weeks to get ready and we can start the festival with a bang!

I think the emphasis should be on songs from the original 1969 concert, but I suppose it's okay to cover songs from any of the reunion concerts as well. Here's a complete song list from 1969:

http://www.woodstock69.com/Woodstock_songs.htm

And here's another:

https://woodstock.fandom.com/wiki/Setlist

So, have a look at the song lists and start making plans to record your favourites!

Note: There are some discrepancies between the lists, so it might be a good idea to look at both lists to avoid missing some songs.

Use this topic for any discussion or questions about the festival. On July 15th, I'll start a new topic for the Index and I'll maintain it throughout the festival.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Kody

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Greeny

Oh yes. I'm so THERE with this one!!!!!! I'm going to have to stop myself jumping the gun again though, lol. Great idea, 64... !!!!!

Geir

Great idea!!!! Lot's of different styles of music to dig into.  May have to change my vacation plans :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

AndyR

Cool!

Neil Young doesn't really grab me (my fault not his!), so I didn't pay too much attention.

My first thought on this new one was "nah..." (mainly because I'm most interested in working on originals at the moment), but when I went and read the song list, one of the songs in my set of "favourite songs wot andrew likes and might try to cover one day" appears!

In fact there are several there, but this one is in my printed out set of "practice" singing songs, the missus rather likes it, etc, etc...

So I think you might be able to count me in on this one :) (and the dates might mean there's even enough time for me to finish something! :D)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

just looked at the setlist yum yum, but the tracklisting for the incredible string band is wrong , one of the  songs id never heard of catty come, check here for correct listing http://woodstock.wikia.com/wiki/The_Incredible_String_Band
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pine

Cool idea! I hope to take a shot at this one too. Sounds like fun. When the original Woodstock took place, i was in the military, stationed in Rhode Island. On Saturday morning, i heard about the "big music festival" and my friend and i had the weekend off so we jumped in my car and headed east. We got to within 20 miles of the show and ran into a State Police roadblock. "Where you boys headed?"..."ahhh to the the music festival sir"..."well, you aren't gonna get there...roads are all closing....and if you do somehow find your way in there, you may be a long time getting out. It's a real mess. Best just turn around and head back while you still can. Shows about over anyway"   It had started to rain. My friend and i, not really having a clue what was up, figured we didn't want to get written up for being AWOL so we turned around and drove back. The show was definitely not over, with the best acts that evening and Hendrix on Sunday. I definitely woulda been AWOL..but it woulda been worth it.
Never went to any of the subsequent reunion shows..and i only live about 6 hours away. Maybe this little BR tribute will help ease the pain of "the one that got away"
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

Whooo Whooo, great idea 64G.  I like it.  I see the Band was well represented, that is where I am going to start!  I have been dying to cover some Band songs for a while.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Very cool idea.

Hmmm, which Sha-na-na song to cover...

Peace (and three days of music).

Blooby

p.s.-as an aside, Woddstock went a bit more mainstream this year.  Target (and I'm assuming Target Online) is selling a bunch of Woodstock stuff cheap.  I just bought a set of tumblers because...well, I really don't know why.