Started by Ted, June 06, 2022, 12:13:25 PM

Ted

Daemon Blandton - Ted Mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
FauxTVThemes (banner image missing)

Daemon Blandton: Origins of a Supervillain
Greeny: Composer, Guitars (MBR), Drum Programming (GarageBand)
Ted: Story, Bass, SY-1 Synth (MBR)

Greeny and I are both MBR+GarageBand

This 7-part miniseries explores the origins Daemon Blandton, a hidden supervillain,  known to most people as an English guitarist, respected around the world. But feared as well. Few have dared to speak of the mediocrity of Blandton's musical output.

Fewer still know the tragic backstory of Blandton; how he began as an insecure kid who loved music and just wanted to play guitar, and then transformed into one of the most wicked and vengeful villains the music world has ever heard.

EP1: Troubled Childhood  / The Family Secret
Blandton was neglected as a child. Born to a teenage mother too young to be fully responsible for a child. The mother and child were both abandoned by the father. Blandton was raised in a cloud of stigma and deceit, believing his grandparents were his parents; believing his mother was his older sister. Ultimately he learns the truth, as well as the shame his family feels because of him. He internalizes this shame.

EP2: Dangerous Technology / Dangerous Talent
Blandton is given a guitar in his early teens, and soon becomes a child prodigy. We see a glimpse of his maniacal hunger for power. He begins experimenting with what was at the time dangerous technology: amplifiers and electric guitars.

EP3: Delusions of Grandeur / Reaching for the Unachievable
At the same time, we see the emergence of Blandton's duality:  Insecurity and Megalomania. He wishes to be validated and valued in an impossible way. Blandton is white and English, yet he wants to be acknowledged as an equal to, if not superior to, black American bluesmen.

EP4: Reckless Experiments / Bleeding into All the Mics
As Blandton's reputation as a guitarist develops, his experiments become increasingly unorthodox and reckless. He ignores the dire warnings of recording engineers, and insists on playing his amplifier at full volume in the recording studio.

EP5: Overconfidence / Self-Inflicted Wound
Victory and validation are within his grasp. His rise to fame seems unstoppable, his confidence overflowing. People are saying, "Blandton is God." Blandton agrees to share the stage with a relatively-unknown black American guitarist Fredi Kendricks. Kendricks surpasses Blandton in every measure: virtuosity, charm, showmanship, expressiveness. It's a soul-crushing event of Blandton's own making.

EP6: The Villain Emerges / Vowing Retribution
Blandton is rattled by the setback. He cannot accept it. The festering lifelong character flaw metastasizes. Blandton externalizes blame. He concludes that black people and immigrants are the source of all his problems – Britain's problems. He resolves to put Kendricks in his place.

EP7: The World Must Pay / O Fortuna
Kendricks continues to outshine Blandton. But suddenly (and somewhat mysteriously) Kendricks dies! A stroke of luck for Blandton's career – or so it seems. Rather than forgetting Kendricks, the music world venerates and canonizes him. Kendricks becomes untouchable. Blandton realizes bitterly that he will live forever in Kendricks' shadow. So he plots his long revenge. He resolves to slowly pollute the world with mediocre blues rock for decades, robbing the world of its desire to hear anything at all from the genre; finally killing the memory of Kendricks.

The series ends with a montage of Blandton (seemingly) befriending up-and-coming blues rock guitarists whose lives and careers will soon be cut short before reaching the pantheon, such as Wayne Paulman and Evie Jay Don. We see Blandton in an audience darkly watching a performer reminiscent of Kendricks.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Give the little fucker a guitar and amp!  Sob felt the power!  Have any of us not?  My goodness when one strangles the neck of a guitar on the verge of feedback how can one NOT FEEL POWERFUL?.....
apologies in advance but you two set this up.... not me.
A FRIGGIN cumpulsory story that i will be commenting on for weeks.... obtw... the music rocks fuckers

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Should be changed from mini series to "misery series"..... just sayin

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Mis spelled name... should be Demon...fokin dyslexic people!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

EP3:  um his appendage is too smallllllllll... oh well, his amp is big though

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Rene Asologuitar

Hi Ted,
This is a guitar feast song, simply love the guitars!!!
Very melodic, and engaging beat.
Love this project.
Rene

des0free

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

BerryPatch

That's one rip roaring rock instrumental! Great lead playing Tim and great groovy bass from you too Ted!

tonyc

nice work ted , pulled me in from the start , fantastic guitar work loved it....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16