Vote for the March/April 2021 "Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, February 17, 2021, 11:15:59 AM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from March 1 to April 30. Voting starts now and runs for 9 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on Friday, February 26th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

We're trying something new this time. We've limited the poll to only 4 choices instead of the usual 8. The idea is that people might be more likely to participate in the fest if their poll choice wins, and fewer choices increases the chance that your choice will win.

This poll is for the "Covers" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Originals" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• 3/4 Covers - Covers of songs in 3/4 time. Most contemporary popular music is in 4/4 time. But there are some popular songs that are in 3/4 time. For example, "Piano Man" by Billy Joel, "Take It to the Limit" by Eagles, "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" by Elvis Presley, "Army Dreamers" by Kate Bush, "Mull of Kintyre" by Wings, and "Manic Depression" by Jimi Hendrix. So the challenge of this fest is to find a song in 3/4 and cover it. It doesn't necessarily have to be a contemporary song. You could cover a very old 3/4 song like "Amazing Grace", "Daisy Bell (Bicycle Built for Two)", "Molly Malone (Cockles and Mussels)", or "Home On The Range".
  • Rush - Covers of songs by the band Rush.
  • The Bee Gees - Covers of songs by The Bee Gees.
  • Drinking Songs - Covers of drinking songs. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_song.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Mike_S

There are a few songs about drinking by bands that I wouldn't mind covering but is this limited to the wikipedia page... traditional drinking songs or is it open to any song whose lyrics are about drinking?
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

WarpCanada

Drinking songs is my #2 favorite idea so if it doesn't win out this time let's keep that one on the list for future.

A few great Canadian drinking songs I would suggest:

1. Home for a Rest - Spirit of the West
2. When I'm Up (I can't get down) - Great Big Sea
3. The Night Paddy Murphy Died (traditional Irish/Newfoundland drinking song, Great Big Sea do the definitive modern version)

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

64Guitars

Voting closed. The winner is

BeeGeesFest (banner image missing)

Covers of songs by The Bee Gees.