BBC Symphony Orchestra Discovery - Free!

Started by chapperz66, May 22, 2020, 09:32:59 AM

chapperz66

Spitfire Audio - who produce some stunning orchestral libraries - are offering a stripped down sample library of the BBC symphony orchestra for £49 or free if you are happy to fill in a small questionnaire and wait for 14 days. As it is a stripped down set it is perhaps a bit basic but perfectly usable - I have been playing around with it most of the day.  To be honest it is well worth the £49 but for free it is a no brainer for DAW users.

Obviously it is offered free in the certain knowledge that you might be sufficiently taken to buy some of their bigger libraries - and trust me - they are quite addictive and get very pricey.  I am very tempted by the next level up but have to think of a way of making sure the wife doesn't see the credit card bill.

Paul

Flash Harry

I'm a cheap skate....

14 days, something to look forward to. Thanks for the head's up.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

chapperz66

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 22, 2020, 03:35:29 PMI'm a cheap skate....

14 days, something to look forward to. Thanks for the head's up.

Yes, so am I.  My 14 days were up yesterday.

maxit

thanks paul, you know I'm addicted to that kind of things ;-)
recorder
Audacity

chapperz66

I have stumped up the cash for the core library which has more instruments, more articulation and multiple round Robins.  Marvelous.

maxit

Hey Paul and Harry, I got mine and didn't resist composing a little soundtrack theme ;-)
would you help me finish the orchestration or theme for the collaboration festival ?

recorder
Audacity

Flash Harry

I've only just downloaded my copy, It looks like it could be really something - but I've been doing other things tonight.

I need to spend some time understanfing how this works.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

chapperz66

Quote from: maxit on June 08, 2020, 03:39:02 AMHey Paul and Harry, I got mine and didn't resist composing a little soundtrack theme ;-)
would you help me finish the orchestration or theme for the collaboration festival ?

Send it to me Max and I will give it a go
I'll send you a PM with my email when I  get to my computer- hopefully later today.