Purple haze cover

Started by Bro, May 24, 2009, 04:35:11 AM

Pine

It was fun for me just to hear the song again after so long. I thought your playing was good and the guitar tone quite close to original. I heard no vibrato either. Are there alot of backing tracks like this out there with original artists doing the vox and original bandmates on bass and drums? What a cool 21st century way to jam with the dead...
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Kody

QuoteAre there alot of backing tracks like this out there with original artists doing the vox and original bandmates on bass and drums? What a cool 21st century way to jam with the dead...

You mean you weren't singing?! I could have sworn that was 0jimihendrix0!!  Nah...just kidding!  You did a great job here, buddy!! Chuck Norris would be proud~ I know I am!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

chip withrow

A challenging song to cover, since the original is so etched in the world's musical consciousness and since so many guitar players play and study it. I've always thought of this song as very, very heavy and intense (and it is both), and your version allows me to hear the funkiness and bluesiness of it. Good work!