Vote for the Nov/Dec 2019 "Originals" festival

Started by 64Guitars, October 25, 2019, 12:59:28 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next Originals festival which will run from November 1 to December 31. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on Wednesday, October 30th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Originals" festival. There is no poll for the "Covers" festival this time because the Sep/Oct poll resulted in a tie between 1974 Fest and 4AD Fest, so we decided to have 1974 Fest in Sep/Oct and 4AD Fest in Nov/Dec.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• History Fest - Write an original song about an event in history. It could be an event from many centuries ago, or it could be a more recent historical event like the sinking of The Titanic, the Apollo moon landing, the fall of the Berlin Wall, or the 9/11 World Trade Center attack, for example.
  • Kid Story Fest - Write an original song based on a classic children's story, fable or fairy tale such as The Wizard of Oz, Watership Down. Robin Hood, The Tortoise and the Hare, Jack and the Beanstalk, Rapunzel, etc.
  • 2019 Fest - a retrospective on this year.
  • Weather Fest - We English are obsessed with the weather, I'm not sure that many other nations obsess like we do, write a song about weather.
  • NaturalDisasterFest: Write a song about a natural disaster you personally experienced, or it could be a chronicle of a past natural disaster. Hurricane, earthquake, tornado, forest fire/wildfire, flooding, drought, etc.
  • ToyFest: Write a song about a favorite toy from childhood, or a toy you enjoy now.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

IdiotFest seems like a real no brainer!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Voting closed. The winner is...

NaturalDisasterFest
Write a song about a natural disaster you personally experienced, or it could be a chronicle of a past natural disaster. Hurricane, earthquake, tornado, forest fire/wildfire, flooding, drought, etc.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

kenny mac