Video Editing Software

Started by Hilary, January 07, 2018, 02:19:26 AM

Hilary

I've got the trial version of Wondershare Filmora but I don't really like the mask version and it says there's a green screen option but I can't find it on the trial version.

It is easy to use though but I can't seem to feather the lines in the mask.

I'd have to buy it to export the video though, which I would do if I could cope with/liked the green screen.

Thanks 64 - I'm just having a look now - crikey maybe I'll give up and do something else - except I'm hoping it's really funny and topical . . .

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

;D - that's very good 64!

The quality is very grainy, is that because you've lifted it from Youtube? and I don't want to state the obvious but there was no sound . . .

I've had enough today, I'll give it another go tomorrow.

BTW Filmora looked very easy and good for everything except what I want to do and even then it would work at a push if I revideoed it (but I could seem to find a 'feather' option though to blur the lines between the two sides)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

It might be easier to try to find someone of a certain age and a certain look and a certain gender and drag them in and stick a wig on them . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

64Guitars

Quote from: Hilary on January 30, 2018, 02:36:04 PMThe quality is very grainy, is that because you've lifted it from Youtube?
I intentionally made it low resolution to keep the file size small so I could attach it to the message. Also, my computer is slow and doesn't have much memory, so it takes quite a while to render the video, and low resolution videos render faster than high resolution. I wasn't trying to make a super high quality video. I merely wanted to demonstrate that OpenShot can do what you want. If you have a fast computer with at least 4GB of RAM (I only have 2GB), then you should have no trouble exporting high resolution videos from OpenShot.

Quote from: Hilary on January 30, 2018, 02:36:04 PMand I don't want to state the obvious but there was no sound . . .
It does have sound but it might not work in all browsers. I tried it in Firefox and several other browsers and the sound worked just fine in all of them except Chrome. When you export your video from OpenShot, you must choose the video codec and audio codec from a long list. I guess Chrome isn't compatible with the audio codec I chose. But there are lots of other audio codecs available in OpenShot, so I'm sure there must be some that work with Chrome too.

If the embedded player in my post doesn't play the sound in your browser, try opening the attachment in VLC or some other media player instead of using the embedded player.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hilary

Thanks 64 - I've run out of time now but I'll give Open Shot a try at the weekend.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

That's my toy Casio keyboard from the 90s - crikey it was hard to play, very touch sensitive and tiny keys . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hilary

I've done it - on cookie cutter in Movie Pro in the end.

Special thanks to 64 for all his help, above and beyond the call.

I had to rerecord it today and I've got a really bad cold.

Let's hope it was worth it  :-\

It's a bit niche if you're not in the UK but it's probably the most irritating advert ever! There's a link to the original in the description, if you've not seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i2bJCG_ck0
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jean Pierre

;D ;D ;D ;D

QuoteNous sommes deux soeurs jumelles, nées sous le signe des gémeaux
Mi fa sol la mi ré, ré mi fa sol sol sol ré do
Aimant la ritournelle, les calembours et les bons mots
Mi fa sol la mi ré, ré mi fa sol sol sol rédo.

Les demoiselles de Rocheford, Michel Legrand

We are twin sisters, born under the sign of Gemini
Mi Fa Sol La Mi, Re Mi Fa Sol SOL SOL Re Do
Loving the jingle, the puns and the good words
Mi Fa Sol La Mi, Re Mi Fa Sol SOL SOL Re Do
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

kenny mac

I use sony vegas and it's well worth sticking with.
The newer versions make it easier to clone but older versions need to be done through cookie cutter.
I really need to invest in an upgrade.
Nice video.

Hilary

Quote from: kenny mac on February 07, 2018, 04:00:17 AMI use sony vegas and it's well worth sticking with.
The newer versions make it easier to clone but older versions need to be done through cookie cutter.
I really need to invest in an upgrade.
Nice video.

I thought of you Kenny, I remember you did a really good cloning one on the sofa. I've got the Magimix knock off Vegas Pro 14 and there seems to be no YouTube tutorials out there  for cookie cutter- I had a video chat with a colleague in the end otherwise I'd still be trying!

I learnt a lot though - mainly don't do it again!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça