Covers Fest TIE-BREAKER poll

Started by 64Guitars, April 28, 2017, 06:50:02 PM

64Guitars

Since the May/Jun 2017 Covers fest ended in a tie, we'll break the tie in our usual way by voting again between just those two choices (Showtunes and The Byrds). The winner will be the theme for the May/Jun Covers fest and the other choice will be the theme for the Jul/Aug Covers fest (so there will be no poll for a covers fest at the end of June; we'll only vote for the Jul/Aug Originals fest).

This tie-breaker poll will run for two days. So it ends May 1 at approx. 1:50 am BST (Apr 30 8:50 pm EST).

• ShowtuneFest - Songs from musicals.

• The Byrds - Covers of songs by The Byrds or solo works by Roger McGuinn, Gene Clark, David Crosby, & Chris Hillman.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Voting is closed.

The May/Jun 2017 Covers Fest is...

Showtunes (banner image missing)

Songs from musicals.

and the Jul/Aug 2017 Covers Fest will be...

The Byrds

Jul/Aug 2017

Covers of songs by The Byrds or solo works by Roger McGuinn, Gene Clark, David Crosby, & Chris Hillman.

To those who voted for The Byrds, I'd just like to say that you now have two extra months to learn some Byrds songs and record them. So this is actually a favourable outcome. You have twice as much time to work on your songs as you would have if The Byrds had won the tie-breaker. But please don't post your Byrds songs before July 1st. As with all of our festivals, we'll only accept submissions posted during the festival and The Byrds festival will run from Jul 1, 2017 till Aug 31, 2017.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website