New Rickenbacker Order Placed...

Started by cuthbert, December 31, 2016, 06:15:35 PM

cuthbert

Against my better judgment, I have gone and ordered a new (2016) MapleGlo Rickenbacker 330 6-string guitar:

Shipping next week, no firm delivery date yet. The shop's luthier will be calling on Monday/Tuesday to go over setup details before the guitar ships out.

I've wanted a 330 ever since I bought my first record by The Jam back in 1978 (This Is The Modern World), which musically led me next to The Who's first three albums, on which Mr. Townshend surely played one (probably more than just one if you count all the concert smashers  ;D ).

They're rare as can be up here in Maine, a factor which has certainly helped to keep me financially solvent over the years. I thought about getting one of the sunburst (Rickenbacker calls this 'Fireglo') or one of the solid painted (blac/Jetglo or ruby red/Rubyglo) finishes, but the lacquered maple looked so clean and classic that it won me over.

I am very excited and also very nervous - but the shop has an excellent reputation. Once it arrives, it'll be time for me to learn how to work the jangle machine. :)

I'm not a religious man, but I do ask you to pray for me, folks - the missus doesn't know about this one yet.  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Oh, that's a beauty! Can't wait to hear it.

Quote from: cuthbert on December 31, 2016, 06:15:35 PMthe missus doesn't know about this one yet.

Hide the frying pans.  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

kenny mac

Hook

Wow man, that is one sweet guitar. I had a 330 in a gun metal blue when I was 20, it was a friend's but he left it with me while he went to college. I loved that guitar so much and really resented him when he asked for it back. I guess I've always been an asshole.
I hope the wife love it...Maybe get a ring and keep.it hidden until.the guitar arrives.
So cool brother...coolest of the cool!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Bluesberry

Holy moly that is a damn cool guitar Cuth-man.  I have envy, the green kind................... I haven't bought any gear for years.............. I've been a good boy, and this is just what you need...I love the look of the natural wood.  exciting news.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Wow Cuthbert, What a beauty, I have never played one but always wanted one, cant wait to hear it,
As for your good lady, I am glad I dont live next door to you... :D
When you tell her just make sure she doesn't break your fingers.. :D
Mind you looking againn at the guitar I would love to just do the same as you, it's just Im a coward...

Alex.

~hny! ~hny! ~hny! ~hny!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Super 8

Gimmee! Gimmee! Gimme! Jingle jangle all the way ....

fenderbender

Oh what a beauty ----
Man I'm jealous----
I reckon you could be in serious trouble here-
Women dont understand
What do you need another guitar for????????

Tell the boss ;D ;D ;D that you have been searching for one of these all your life
Good for you brother-looking forward to the jingle-jangle
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600