Vote for the Nov/Dec 2016 "Originals" festival

Started by 64Guitars, October 25, 2016, 07:22:12 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from November 1 to December 31. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on October 30 (or 31st, depending on your time zone). To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Originals" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Covers" festival. Please vote in both polls.

Remember, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• Songs about Buildings and Food Fest -
    Original songs about buildings and/or food

OR

Covers of songs by Talking Heads.

• Unusual Time Signatures - Songs in an unusual time signature (5/4, 7/8, etc.). Most popular songs are in 4/4, 3/4 or some derivative (8/8, 6/8, etc.). The idea of this fest is to record something that's not in those common time signatures.

• DopeFest - Songs about drugs.

• Americana Music - Songs in the Americana Music genre. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americana_(music).

• OutlawFest - Songs about famous outlaws.

• Hymns for Atheists - Self-explanatory, I think. If not, post any questions here.

• SoftwareFest - Songs created entirely with software on a computer, tablet, or smartphone.

• NewsFest - Write a song inspired by current events in the news. It doesn't necessarily have to be heavy stuff like wars, murders, politics, etc. It could be lighter topics such as the World Cup, entertainment news, etc. Or you can cover a song that was inspired by news stories of the time. For example, "I Don't Like Mondays" by The Boomtown Rats was inspired by a story that was in the news at the time.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Hasn't Tom Petty already written all of the "Americana" songs.
But the News...now there's the gift that keeps giving!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hook

Can they be fictional outlaws or must they be based on real characters?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

real, fictional, your own creation long as it's an outlaw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Do they have to be celebrations (kind of what i think of, even if solemnly) of Atheism or can they be ponderings of, considerations, debunckments of all statements of understandings, etc?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Oldrottenhead

Anything it could even be an attempt to convert to a particular deity
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

IanR

I would think that a hymn to atheism could be about anything except a religion. Or, it could follow Dawkins, Hitchens, Grayling or Singer and debunk religion.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: IanR on October 27, 2016, 06:06:35 PMI would think that a hymn to atheism could be about anything except a religion. Or, it could follow Dawkins, Hitchens, Grayling or Singer and debunk religion.
i thought you where a pastafarian, i hope you're not one of those fence sitting agnostics.

as if anyoneone couldn't guess hymns for atheists was my suggestion, i blame todd rundgren for inspiring me. as he once sang will the real god please stand up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYqgqKHV8wo
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Voting closed. The winner for the Nov/Dec 2016 Originals festival is

Americana Music

- Songs in the Americana Music genre. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americana_(music).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website