Vote for the Nov/Dec 2015 "Covers" festival

Started by 64Guitars, October 25, 2015, 01:46:51 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from November 1 to December 31. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on October 30th. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Covers" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Originals" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=24085.0

Please vote in both polls.

You may have noticed that we've changed the category names. The former "Artists/Covers" is now simply "Covers". The meaning hasn't changed though. Any festival with one or more specific artists as its theme is always a covers-only festival, so it made sense to shorten the name. The former "Theme/Genre" is now "Originals". It's a bit of a misnomer since, although we encourage you to write an original song if you can, covers will be allowed too in most cases. We just wanted to shorten and simplify the name.

So, "Covers" is covers only, and "Originals" is originals preferred but covers welcome unless otherwise stated in the festival's description.

• 1967 fest - Covers of songs released in the year 1967.

• Traditional songs made modern - Old folk songs redone in a modern style, like Thin Lizzy's version of "Whisky in the Jar" for example.

• Beatles "Black Album" - Covers of post-Beatles solo songs from the Fab Four as conceived by Ethan Hawke for the movie "Boyhood".
    See: http://www.buzzfeed.com/ethanhawke/boyhood-the-black-album#.cfEYYqAx9.

• NurseryRhymesFest - Nursery rhymes put to music.

• Devo Fest - Covers of songs by Devo.

• Public Domain fest - Covers of songs that are in the public domain.

• The Police/Sting - Covers of songs by The Police or Sting.

• 80s VarietyFest 2 - Covers of songs by Ultravox, Duran Duran, Eurythmics, Thompson Twins, Echo & the Bunnymen, and Robert Palmer.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Voting closed.  It's 80s VarietyFest 2 by a nose!

Covers of songs by:
  • Ultravox
  • Duran Duran
  • Eurythmics
  • Thompson Twins
  • Echo & the Bunnymen
  • Robert Palmer

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

A question, is this just limited to songs recorded in the 80's - and what if the band's tune is a cover?
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

64Guitars

I think it should be only songs that were released in the 1980s. It's okay if it's a cover, as long as the cover (by one of the six artists in this fest) was released in the 1980s (it doesn't matter when the original was released).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website