Has anybody used their Micro Br in a live performance?

Started by OneManBilly, April 21, 2015, 07:14:10 PM

I've recently got a nice acoustic amp and hope to do a few solo gigs with it once I've fixed up my guitar and got some practice in.

It's been a while since I've done anything on stage and I've got an idea on how to incorporate my MBR into the equation.

Basically, I'd lay down some simple chords and put that through a looper pedal. Then I was thinking of using 1 of the guitar effects over the top to add another layer in. I also sing a bit so will probably add some vocals to this as well.

Has anyone tried something like this before? I doubt I'm the first to have this idea so it would be good to hear from anyone with similar ideas.

Hook

I've never thought about using the MBR in a live setting seems like it would be a pain in the ass. Pedals or an effects processor would work better. I use a looper, boss rc20 and plug my guitar into the effects, effects into the looper. The looper also has a mic in so I can loop vocals. I guess the MBR could be in the mix but navigating it in a live setting seems like it would be difficult. Let us know how it works.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Thanks for the suggestion. I probably should have explained myself better cos I don't have any effect pedals nor do I plan on getting any.

The main reason for that is because I haven't got a car right now and am trying to put together a minimal public transport rig!

If I do use my MBR it would only be using it for a song or 2.... I'm terms of setup I'd probably do something like this:

Guitar>>>Micro BR (no effects)>>>Looper>>>Amp

I'd already have the effect(s) I want to use ready but switched off. Once I've played my initial riff and looped it I simply turn the effects on and play some more. It seems like that would work in my head but time will tell.

Geir

My old microBr I used for live recording sometimes. I've used both my br800 and the microBr as a guitar processor in a few jams at the cabin and elsewhere. Be prepared to tweak the effect patches a bit as they don't always translate well to a live setting.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

IanR

The MBR patches will probably have an amp emulation stage that you might want to switch off if you are playing through a real amp.  The thing to do is experiment with the sounds, find (and probably tweak) the one you want and save it.  Just go and do the thing you want to do. You will not break the MBR by experimenting with its sounds.

If it works, then why would you need to have "real" effects pedals?

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One