Ronnie Lane fest?

Started by IanR, February 17, 2015, 06:16:31 PM

IanR

My suggestion for a future fest is a Ronnie Lane fest.

We could do any song that Ronnie played or sang on or wrote.

That would cover: Small Faces; Faces; and Slim Chance. And I think there may be more if check Wikipedia.

There would be quite a few to choose from.

cheers,

Ian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojKOlgBjwc4

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Flash Harry

OK Ian, who is your avatar? I know the face, I have seen the films, just cannot remember the actor, I spent an hour looking for him without success, who the feck is it?

Ronnie Lane - Sweet idea, that sounds like a winner.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

IanR

Quote from: Flash Harry on February 17, 2015, 06:19:08 PMOK Ian, who is your avatar? I know the face, I have seen the films, just cannot remember the actor, I spent an hour looking for him without success, who the feck is it?

Ronnie Lane - Sweet idea, that sounds like a winner.

He is a bloke called Ian Robertson.  I think he might have been a dentist. My avatar is usually a bloke called Ian Robertson. I think the exceptions have been the monkey picture and the santa picture I used recently. I google images for Ian Robertson and choose an interesting one.  My name is so common that I have a lot of images to choose from.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Flash Harry

I thought it was Alec Guinness at first, looks so familiar. I'm desparately disappointed now. A dentist?  He should have been an actor playing a dentist who singlehandedly prevented the invasion of these shores in the 1930's from marauding insurgents. A reluctant hero - but hey-ho.
Better than a George Cole any day.
- Kurt Vonnegut.

IanR

I don't know his life story, but if this Ian Robertson is anything like me, he had a wild early life during which he may well have had some crazy adventures, and then found a good woman and settled down to a quiet life.  I think this photo must be from the later stages of his life.  :D

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Flash Harry

- Kurt Vonnegut.