washburn guitar

Started by wiley, March 31, 2009, 06:41:44 PM

Wiley

Say I was in the music store last weekend and they had some acoustic guitars there made by Washburn.  I had never heard of that brand before.  Was a very nice looking guitar a different sort of finish or wood.  Also they were rather neat because they were called 3/4 guitars. That would be really nice for people with smaller hands.  I have a big hand for a girl, but a lot of the acoustics seem to be so wide in the fretboard.  Have any of you heard of this brand and is it  an ok guitar?  I mentioned it to hubby and he said HOW MANY GUITARS DO YOU NEED?  LOL  I said I only have 4 and one more wouldn't hurt.  Anyway any input if you've heard of them would be helpful.  My bass is a short scale and very narrow fret board. Les Paul Maybe thats' the kind of regular guitar I need.  Thanks

Kody

Uh........well.......I have 4 Washburns, Wiley!..... I'm very suprized you've never heard of them :) They've been making guitars for years! EST. 1883~They're made in America..... Dimebag Darrel had a Washburn signature~ML...

I have an electric, semi-hollowbody, 12-string, and a bass all made by Washburn...

I love mine, but all guitars are not the same~3/4 sized guitars have interested me lately too~ My daughter's starting to play, so a smaller guitar would be the way to go...I'd love to add another Washburn to my arsenal! They've got to be 100 times better than those First Act 3/4 sorry excuses for beginner guitars they sell at Walmart 8)

How much do they want for it? I'd play a 3/4 sized guitar if it sounded good and felt good.... :(
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

lg

Alot of my guitar that you've been listening to here either posted by me, or Holdempok, was recorded with me using my Washburn Bluesman
Electric guitar...

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Greeny

Washburn are a MAJOR guitar brand - and American (though probably made in the far east at the cheap end of their range). Their custom shop models are $1,500+, but I got a cheap'ish electric for my son at around $150 to play around on. Take a look at their website - I think they have some fairly famous endorsees  :)

The Reverend 48

Quote from: wiley on March 31, 2009, 06:41:44 PMSay I was in the music store last weekend and they had some acoustic guitars there made by Washburn.  I had never heard of that brand before.  Was a very nice looking guitar a different sort of finish or wood.  Also they were rather neat because they were called 3/4 guitars. That would be really nice for people with smaller hands.  I have a big hand for a girl, but a lot of the acoustics seem to be so wide in the fretboard.  Have any of you heard of this brand and is it  an ok guitar?  I mentioned it to hubby and he said HOW MANY GUITARS DO YOU NEED?  LOL  I said I only have 4 and one more wouldn't hurt.  Anyway any input if you've heard of them would be helpful.  My bass is a short scale and very narrow fret board. Les Paul Maybe thats' the kind of regular guitar I need.  Thanks
Wiley you can never have too many Guitars :D
If you are thinking electric with your style I would suggest maybe a slimline telecaster-a real contry players electric ;)

Flash Harry

My acoustic is a Washburn. I like it a lot.

That is to say:
One of my acoustics is a Washburn, I like it a lot.   ;D
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

BossMicroBRew

Pretty big brand. Played a couple of their basses a while back. A few acoustics too. Seemed of nice sound and build quality to me.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

Wiley

Thanks for the input guys.  I will go take a closer look.  The price on them was about $120  US dollars.  I bought my yamaha acoustic last year and wish I 2would have seen this first. Thanks for all the input.