Vote for the January/February 2015 "Theme/Genre" festival

Started by 64Guitars, December 26, 2014, 03:56:02 PM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from January 1 to February 28. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on December 31st. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Theme/Genre" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Artists/Covers" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=22431.0

Please vote in both polls.

As always, we encourage you to write an original song for the Theme/Genre festival, but covers are welcome too where appropriate.
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

ReplayFest - Re-record one of your own previously-posted songs, using newly-acquired gear, knowledge, and techniques to improve upon your earlier effort.

Surf - Songs in the surf music style. See the Wikipedia page on Surf music.

Americana - See the Wikipedia page on Americana music.

Teen angst - Songs about teen angst (sorry. I don't know what else I can add).

Pachelbel's Canon fest - Songs based on the chord progression in Pachelbel's Canon (I-V-vi-iii-IV-I-IV-V). See the Wikipedia page on Pachelbel's Canon and this YouTube video.

Songs about work - Songs about work, labour, employment, careers, etc.

Unusual Time Signatures - Songs in an unusual time signature (5/4, 7/8, etc.). Most popular songs are in 4/4, 3/4 or some derivative (8/8, 6/8, etc.). The idea of this fest is to record something that's not in those common time signatures.

Atmospheric Fest - Atmospheric music, also known as Ambient music.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

fenderbender

Yeh 64
I will go for a couple of them 8) 8) 8)
Ahhh xxxitttt
I thought maybe this time i could vote 1-2-3- ;D ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Quote from: Gnasty on December 26, 2014, 07:29:33 PMDidn`t we just do War-fest 2 months ago?

Oh shit! You're right!  :D

We'll have to scratch that choice and ask Flash Harry to choose another.

Sorry folks. I'd forgotten that we already did WarFest.  :-[

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Redler

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 26, 2014, 05:11:03 PMReplayFest - Re-record one of your own previously-posted songs, using newly-acquired gear, knowledge, and techniques to improve upon your earlier effort.

Does it qualify if I re-record the song with another singer?
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

64Guitars

Quote from: Redler on December 27, 2014, 12:49:04 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on December 26, 2014, 05:11:03 PMReplayFest - Re-record one of your own previously-posted songs, using newly-acquired gear, knowledge, and techniques to improve upon your earlier effort.

Does it qualify if I re-record the song with another singer?

Yes.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: Gnasty on December 27, 2014, 09:35:39 AMDo i speak too soon to say double-fest blowout!?!?

If you mean that TrbuteFest III and ReplayFest seem likely to win and that songs entered in those festivals would automatically be double-festers, then that's incorrect. ReplayFest is remakes of your own songs while TributeFest is covers of original songs by other members. So the only way it could be a double-fester is if you had previously covered another member's song (in a previous TributeFest, for example) and decided to have another go at it for ReplayFest.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 28, 2014, 12:02:34 PM
Quote from: Gnasty on December 27, 2014, 09:35:39 AMDo i speak too soon to say double-fest blowout!?!?

If you mean that TrbuteFest III and ReplayFest seem likely to win and that songs entered in those festivals would automatically be double-festers, then that's incorrect. ReplayFest is remakes of your own songs while TributeFest is covers of original songs by other members. So the only way it could be a double-fester is if you had previously covered another member's song (in a previous TributeFest, for example) and decided to have another go at it for ReplayFest.

Yes, as back in the old days my producing sucked! lol
Would be good to replay those tributes and others  i cringe listening to when i hear them again for sure.
Great idea Bruno came up with, and both together makes a great start to the new year!

That`s "if" they win! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity