Your Time Is Gonna Come with drums, bass, and slide.

Started by Farrell Jackson, May 26, 2014, 08:18:51 AM

Farrell Jackson

Trk 8 Led Zep Your Time No Percussion_eq
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Your Time Is Gonna Come (J.Page, J.P. Jones, R.Plant)

This version isn't for the ZepFest. It's without drums, bass, or slide.
Here's the version with drums, bass and slide: https://mixposure.com/farrell-jackson/audio/24088/your-time-is-gonna-come-with-bud-and-scott

It will most likely go on my next cd so I purchased the license for it. HFA Mechanical License # 1194791483 plus I'll be adding bass, drums, slide and some processing. But for now it's just the first take with my vocal and guitar (Taylor Mini GS) done at the same time, with a little reverb added. I have since done a couple of overdubs with backing vocals and an acoustic lead guitar. The acoustic is in an open tuning.

My set is a couple of small condenser mics placed in an X/Y configuration positioned out about 6 inches with one pointed toward the base of the neck and the other toward the bridge/body. The vocal mic is a large condenser in the middle. Same set up for backing vocals and lead guitar. Recorded on a Fostex VF160
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on May 26, 2014, 08:48:03 AMIt's not playing for me. It says undefined.

I fixed it. It plays now if you want to give it another go T.C.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

T.C. Elliott

Yes, it works and it sounds good. I'm really taken with your vocals. Zep-esque but without trying to match Plant's delivery. (I mean really, who can match that?) A solid performance that I enjoyed.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Jarle

Just listened to your other two versions of this song and loved them. This is perfect. I'm a fan.
recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

Love it!! Farrell great vocal as mentioned and an excellent fresh approach.....How where and how much is the purchase of the license? Can you post a link cheers Trevor

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

DeificDave

"The universe is a million billion light-years wide, and every inch of it would kill you if you went there. This is the position of the universe with regards to human life." ― Martin Amis

http://www.youtube.com/user/deificd/videos

Flash Harry

very very nice.

Slide and fretless growly bass and vox and harmonies and drums and percussive acoustic guitar are stand out... oh yeah

It's all bloody fabulous.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hook

Really cool brother, love it all, especially the vocal!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

StephenM

bump because it is really wonderful....excellent
your vocals sound a bit like Burton Cummings....and man that is good....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner