No play options on posts linking to Soundcloud

Started by Greeny, May 15, 2014, 02:16:39 AM

Greeny

I'm having a problem with song links to soundcloud. All I see is a box with the soundcloud logo but no play options. It also doesn't link through to anything.

I've cut and pasted the link from 'properties' into soundcloud, but it doesn't find the actual page or player.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there an obvious solution?

Flash Harry

Quote from: Greeny on May 15, 2014, 02:16:39 AMI'm having a problem with song links to soundcloud. All I see is a box with the soundcloud logo but no play options. It also doesn't link through to anything.

I've cut and pasted the link from 'properties' into soundcloud, but it doesn't find the actual page or player.

What device are you using Tim?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 15, 2014, 02:40:29 AM
Quote from: Greeny on May 15, 2014, 02:16:39 AMI'm having a problem with song links to soundcloud. All I see is a box with the soundcloud logo but no play options. It also doesn't link through to anything.

What device are you using Tim?

This is on my networked work laptop. Some kind of firewall issue? I can see Soundcloud fine when I go directly to the site.

It's fine in iOS on my phone too.

Flash Harry

Daft question - do you have flash installed?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

I think it may be a Flash Player issue. Actually I'm pretty sure it is, as I also have issues with YouTube from time to time.

The problem is that we have no admin rights to download any program or update (or even allow automatic flash player updates), so I may have hit a brick wall on this one.

My activeX and plug in version is: 11.4.402.265 (whatever than means).

64Guitars

Can you try another web browser? I recommend Firefox.

The Soundcloud player should work in HTML5, so Flash shouldn't matter. But if you're using an older browser that doesn't fully support HTML5, it will fall back to Flash. If that's what's happening and Flash isn't installed or is out of date, then use a browser that supports HTML5 properly so that you don't need Flash.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website