problems with microbr wav editor help!!

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 09, 2014, 12:44:51 PM

Oldrottenhead

managed to work out what i was doing wrong with brexplorer, hadnt set it up properly with wav convertor. however i get same result.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

The error message is normal in Windows 8. It's to do with a library file that BR Explorer uses. But it doesn't affect the operation of BR Explorer, as far as I know.

From BR Explorer, you need to browse to the folder above the ROLAND folder of your backup. For example, if your backup song folder was "C:\My Documents\Micro BR\Backups\May 9, 2014\ROLAND\BR0\SONG000.BR0" then you'd need to select the "May 9, 2014" folder in BR Explorer. Then, in the Song List at the right of BR Explorer, select the song. Now click the WAV button to launch BR Wave converter.

The WAV button is disabled when you haven't selected a valid BR backup folder (the one above the ROLAND folder). But when you've selected a valid BR backup folder, "BR" will be displayed in the lower left corner of BR Explorer in white letters on a green background and the WAV button will be enabled.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 09, 2014, 04:12:37 PMmanaged to work out what i was doing wrong with brexplorer, hadnt set it up properly with wav convertor. however i get same result.

Well then it sounds like the track data is corrupt. I can't think of anything else you can do to fix it.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

me neither, new sd card methinks. sd card is about 5 years old  ;D ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

One last idea: Use Song Copy to make a copy of the entire song on the BR. In that copy, delete the file "TAKE_EVT.BR0" which is the event table. I think the BR will then create a new event table based on the data in "TAKE_DAT.BR0" when you play the song. But I'm not certain, which is why you should only try it on a copy of the song. If it works, give BR Wave Converter another try on that copy of the song.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

just cleared all the data from the tracks
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 09, 2014, 04:37:51 PMjust cleared all the data from the tracks

I was afraid of that. Oh, well. It was worth a try.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

thanks very much 64, your advice was really appreciated. even if it didn't work for me, its all good advice for others. i think my sd card just has dementia. or is that me.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Geir

If you throw the whole SONGxxxx.BR0 folder up in the sky I can have a look at it ..... just zip it first
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........