Audacity reverse function

Started by Hilary, May 08, 2014, 05:28:03 AM

Hilary

Does anyone know if this actually works - I've tried it and it does reverse but I'm not 100% convinced it's correct.

I'd like to sing a few bars of a song backwards and if it were to be recorded and reversed, I'd like it to sound normal.

Is there a way I can record the song and then reverse it to practice - I'm not convinced Audacity is getting it right!

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

(I've got Audacity and Sonar LE)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Geir

It seems to work fine for me ....

I have a backwards recording on one of the songs I'm currently working on.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hilary

Quote from: Geir on May 08, 2014, 05:45:18 AMI have a backwards recording on one of the songs I'm currently working on.

Great minds and all that . . . yep, I downloaded an app that replays videos backwards to check (overly cautious) and it's the same - sounds remarkably like Norwegian to me. I wonder what Norwegian sounds like backwards?
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Greeny

It definitely works. Have just used it on a Kite song this morning! With a pitch-shift. Managed to make James sound a psychotic and psychedelic chipmunk.

Oldrottenhead

one of the things i miss about using tape to record on my old portastudio, was you could flip a cassette over and record backwards and everything would stay in sync when you flipped it back over again.

with digital it is easy to reverse things but much harder to keep everything in sync like it was on tape.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hilary

Oh it does work - I've just video'd myself singing in reverse and then reversed it - oh it's so very cool - well maybe not cool but definitely fun!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Flash Harry

Quote from: Greeny on May 08, 2014, 06:19:18 AMIt definitely works. Have just used it on a Kite song this morning! With a pitch-shift. Managed to make James sound a psychotic and psychedelic chipmunk.

Ah, I may have missed something. I thought that was just the way he was.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 08, 2014, 06:40:35 AM
Quote from: Greeny on May 08, 2014, 06:19:18 AMIt definitely works. Have just used it on a Kite song this morning! With a pitch-shift. Managed to make James sound a psychotic and psychedelic chipmunk.

Ah, I may have missed something. I thought that was just the way he was.
he's actually worse ... Tim had to reverse and pitch shift him to make him sound somewhat normal ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........