Stacked Loop Effect BR-800

Started by Picker, January 12, 2014, 11:46:47 AM

64Guitars

Quote from: jp68 on February 17, 2014, 01:52:00 PMI have recorded a vocal track "dry" on my BR-800. I now want to apply a loop effect to that track alone.

To apply a loop effect to only the vocal track, turn its send level up and lower the send levels on all of the other tracks, then master normally. Any tracks that have their send level set to minimum will be mixed dry while tracks that have their send level raised will be mixed with both the wet and dry signals. The amount of wet vs. dry can be controlled by the send level. Turning it up gives you more of the loop effect and turning it down gives you less.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

jp68

I think that's what I just said, just put another way.... That confirms what I was thinking...  Thanks..

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss eBand JS-8
recorder
Audacity

IanR

I had to read this whole topic twice to understand, but now that I do, I see a whole new range of functions in the BR800 that I had not previously been using properly.

Thanks again guys!

Best regards,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Picker

Quote from: jp68 on February 17, 2014, 01:52:00 PMOk Riddle me this;

I have recorded a vocal track "dry" on my BR-800. I now want to apply a loop effect to that track alone. The BR-800 allows you to set the "LOCATION", ie, either "NORMAL", "INPUT", "TRACK", "RHYTHM"  or pre "MASTER" which applies the effect to all tracks just ahead of the mastering effects.

I haven't tried this yet but was wondering if this might work:  Could you select the vocal effect to be used and then set the effect "LOCATION" to "MASTER" then lower all the faders on my other tracks except for my vocal track, then  from the main menu turn "MASTERING" "ON", then making sure that the "Mastering FX" button is turned off master my vocal track down to another free virtual track.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree...

I think this would accomplish the exact same thing as applying the effect to a single track, which makes me wonder why they even give you the option.....but I guess it allows you to apply an effect to a single track during mixdown (mastering).  In other words, you could apply a harmony to a vocal for example, while you are mastering.  Then the harmonized vocal would be recorded without you haveing to make a second V-Track of the harmonized vocal.......saves a step or 2.  Conversely, you could use the master section to apply a reverb to all of your tracks instead of just one.

Not sure if that makes sense, but there sure are some obscure possibilities in the machine or stated another way, few limitations.
recorder
Boss BR-800