Vote for the Sep/Oct 2013 "Theme/Genre" festival

Started by 64Guitars, August 26, 2013, 09:37:53 AM

64Guitars

It's time to vote for our next two festivals which will run from September 1 to October 31. Voting starts now and runs for 5 days. You can change your vote any time until the closing of the poll on August 31. To do so, click "Remove vote" to cancel your previous vote, then vote again.

This poll is for the "Theme/Genre" festival. There is a separate poll for the "Artists/Covers" festival here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=19323.0

Please vote in both polls.

As always, we encourage you to write an original song for the Theme/Genre festival, but covers are welcome too.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

Forgive my ignorance, but what's Songwriting Fest? If it's what I imagine it to be, isn't it a little too broad? Every original song posted would be an entry...maybe that's the idea...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

SongwritingFest - see https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=15502.msg193261#msg193261

HalloweenFest - songs with a Halloween/spooky/horror theme.

Alternate Tunings - Songs played on a guitar or other stringed instrument with an alternate tuning.

ComedyFest 2 - Humorous songs. Novelty Songs. Parodies.

BassFest - Songs made just with a bass, drums, and vocals. See this video for inspiration.

PirateFest 2 - September 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. See also https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=7891.msg111750#msg111750.

One-chord songs - Melody sung or played over a backing created with a single chord.

JingleFest (advertising jingles) - Write an advertising jingle for any product or service; real or imagined. Or cover your favourite jingle.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on August 26, 2013, 09:57:11 AMForgive my ignorance, but what's Songwriting Fest? If it's what I imagine it to be, isn't it a little too broad? Every original song posted would be an entry...maybe that's the idea...

The suggestion was "What about a SongwritingFest - where we are all given a subject and/or certain key words and we have to write a song about the subject and include the words. I've done one before and the challenge was to write a song about the thickness of a guitar pick!"

I'm not exactly sure how that would work. Are there multiple subjects or just one? How are the subjects determined? Maybe we need to decide the subject now because that's pretty important in deciding whether we want to vote for SongwritingFest or not. Any suggestions?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

Or we could challenge each other - I would like Gier to write a song about eggs and only use chords I, VI and VII as an example -I don't really
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

We have a tie, so I've posted a special 24-hour poll to break the tie.

Be sure to vote promptly. The poll ends Sunday, Sept 1 at 8:13 PM EST (1:13 AM BST).

Tie-breaker poll:  https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=19356.0

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website