Free Home Recording training videos

Started by 64Guitars, April 14, 2013, 11:22:09 AM

64Guitars

David Wills of ProAudioDVDs.com produces some excellent training videos on home recording, including videos for specific models of Boss, Zoom and TASCAM recorders. He is currently offering a series of 3 free Home Recording videos which you can get by going to the following page and entering your first name and email address.

http://proaudiodvds.com/free-home-recording-training/

You will then receive an email containing a link to the first video which is about Sources and Ratios. I've just watched it and it is quite good. I highly recommend this free series to all Songcrafters. The first video is about nine and a half minutes long. Links to the remaining two videos will be emailed to you at a future date. I'm not sure what the schedule is.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

IanR

David Wills's video on the BR800 is very good.  It helped me out a lot.  The only disadvantage to buying stuff from him is that he sends you tons of emails which you may not want.  He  does have lots of good offers and he is good at what he does.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

64Guitars

I have the BR-800 video too and I think it's really well done. If any BR-800 users are interested, they can learn more here:

http://proaudiodvds.com/store/roland-dvds/roland-boss-br-800-dvd-tutorial/

I've been receiving emails from ProAudioDVDs for several years and have never found them to be excessive. Plus they usually offer some excellent deals. The last one I received offered 60% off any of his products. However, if you don't want the emails, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of each of his emails.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

chip

64.I registered for the vids but have heard nothing since, this was when you posted it. Not a thing.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

64Guitars

Quote from: chip on April 25, 2013, 12:15:46 PM64.I registered for the vids but have heard nothing since, this was when you posted it. Not a thing.

That's strange. I received my first one within minutes and the other two within a few days. Did you give a valid email address when you registered? The replies will be sent to that address, so a typo in the email address would prevent them from arriving. Have you checked your spam-filtering software to see if it mistook the emails for spam? If it did, they may be sitting in your spam or junk folder.

If that doesn't help, then try registering again and make sure your email address is valid. You should get a reply the same day.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gnasty

Yes he`s spammed me for years but not too bad. I finally stopped it cuz i really don`t need his stuff anymore.

His videos are very helpful and help you learn your recorder or whatever product fast you bought but in my opinion, the DVD should come with the Roland product anyway no? Just saaying!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Bobtail

Thanks ,I might check them out,hopefully can pick some tips to make recording easier/better.

chip

Quote from: 64Guitars on April 25, 2013, 12:29:39 PM
Quote from: chip on April 25, 2013, 12:15:46 PM64.I registered for the vids but have heard nothing since, this was when you posted it. Not a thing.

That's strange. I received my first one within minutes and the other two within a few days. Did you give a valid email address when you registered? The replies will be sent to that address, so a typo in the email address would prevent them from arriving. Have you checked your spam-filtering software to see if it mistook the emails for spam? If it did, they may be sitting in your spam or junk folder.

If that doesn't help, then try registering again and make sure your email address is valid. You should get a reply the same day.

Cheers 64. I used a different mail address, it ended up in the spam box so I got it out and will watch it later.

I must check my other box to see if it's there too, as I didn't do that originally.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

IanR

I watched a David Wills Webinar a few weeks ago on home recording.  He gives you tips on a range of things.  Its good free info.  BUT he is a great salesman and the whole point of the webinar is to sell you a set of DVDs on Home Recording for the never to be repeated prices of $129.00.  That's a saving of over $70.00 ;D

While I admire his work, I'm not ready to spend so much on a set of DVDs.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

64Guitars

Yes, the "Ultimate" 3-disc sets are expensive, even with the savings. I think he might be better off selling single discs on specific topics (mixing, mastering, mic techniques, etc.) for a low price (perhaps $20) instead of trying to cover everything in an expensive multi-disc set. Then people could buy just the discs they're most interested in.

His recorder-specific DVDs are a good value though at $29.95. You might pay as much or more for a good book. So, for the type of person who finds it difficult to learn from books and manuals, the DVDs are a great option, and reasonably priced.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website