New board for posts about iOS/Android touchscreen mobile devices and apps

Started by 64Guitars, March 19, 2013, 12:39:45 PM

64Guitars

Since there seems to be a lot of interest in making music with touchscreen mobile devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod and Android phones and tablets), I've created a new board to keep all those posts in. You'll find it in the Home Recording category. Any posts about these devices, their music-related apps, and accessories should be posted in the new iOS/Android board.

I've started moving some posts there and will continue to do so throughout the day.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tangled Wires

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

I just got a iPad.......and some Apps.........and my head just exploded........I have never been so excited by music technology like I am about this stuff...........time to get something recorded......some of these Apps are out of this world......I'll give a proper review of some of this stuff in the appropriate board in a little while...........BOOM

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

I love the apps that allow you to play keys and synths and midi out to anything or virtual out to any other app that supports virtual midi....................and lets you play in a non-traditional interface (i.e., not a piano keyboard layout).  Thats my favorite kind of app so far....and there is a bunch like that.....................BOOM again

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Hook

I just switched my android to an Iphone5s and do have to say it's a much nicer, user friendly phone. I haven't put any music on it yet but supposedly there are ways around the istore restrictions. It does some funky things on this site also like not playing the song completely but restarting before the end, juke boxes wont show up at all so that does suck. But for me it's all about thumbjam. i was using an old Iphone3 (with no service) just for the apps but had to share it with my 10yr old and that sucked and the samsung phone I had was crap. I still have a next book that runs android (cupcake or some nonsense) but it doesn't use google play it uses GetJar & that has terrible apps! I would ideally like to have an ipad for the larger screen I think it would be great for TJ, GB, and drumjam but we can't get everything we want, can we. I really want to know what apps everyone finds helpful or just cool. I just got this one  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ukulele-companion/id447292169?mt=8 works great and very helpful!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Facemask93

Hook , download Puffin browser , it lets you see the jukebox & plays songs all the way through , there is a free version but is time limited , the bought one is £1.49

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Geir

Quote from: facemask93 on July 06, 2013, 05:35:33 AMHook , download Puffin browser , it lets you see the jukebox & plays songs all the way through , there is a free version but is time limited , the bought one is £1.49
thanx for the tip on the puffin browser Rob. Now I finally can enjoy the jukeboxes on my ipad!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

I've got a Blackberry Playbook - it has one synth!
It's okay - but I prefer the iMac and GarageBand :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600