Right Place Wrong Time (Dr. John Cover by Rata & Gnasty)

Started by Rata-tat-tat, March 01, 2013, 09:28:41 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Right Place Wrong Time (Dr. John Cover by Rata and Gnasty)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
70sFest (banner image missing)

Well I tried like hell to make it by the deadline... but the planets just wouldn't align for me... So if it's OK I would like to submit this for 70's fest. Anyhow... long story short... Eric did the Lead and Bass... I did the Vox/ Rhythm Guitars and Vox... Hope you like.  :o

Thanks Eric that was a helluva lead and bassline you cranked out... I'm sure everyone will agree!!! ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Tascam DP-02

64Guitars

Brilliant guitar solo. But the highlight for me is the vocals. Great job guys!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

Wow Tod & Eric - fab track. Love those gritty vocal Tod - you had me singing along, great lead playing Eric - love it, really fluid playing. Man, this song has ATTITUDE :-)
Off to hit replay. :-)
B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Jarle

Quote from: bruno on March 02, 2013, 01:24:47 AM..... Man, this song has ATTITUDE :-).......

Attitude is the word :-)
Great lead; vocal and guitar.

JOA
recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Now.......this......is......too.......damn.......cool.  Your vocal is perfect man, thats the right feel for sure.  I love this, real music.  Dr. John was so cool during this time, I tend to forget all the great songs he had that were very big on the radio while hanging out in my backyard as a young fella.  Love....LOVE.....FREAKING LOVE the solo.  Its all great.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Way to rock this Rata and Gnasty! The song demands the listeners attention big time. Great vox and the solo was excellent guys!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Gnasty

Hey yeah great mix Tod. THis song blew me away from the start cuz if you listen to the original, Tod sounds near exactly like Dr. John. Wicked good vocals and what impressed me the most too is your guitar playing here. That`s badass playing for a drummer!

It was me who made this go on so long so sorry about that. Procrastination and a computer on the brink of collapse.
But you got`er done and and so on to the next!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

Totally bad-ass. Loved the overall vibe, and the stomping guitars, drums, and vocals...not necessarily in any order!

Terrific collab!

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Rata-tat-tat

Thanks for the kind comments.... and 64 thanks for letting me submit. I will never consider myself a real guitar player, but I do love a good challenge. This was a challenge for sure...all guitar and vox were done with the mbr and mixed in Ardour...Ive been test driving Ardour...it's a bit complicated...but I ain't complaining for free.
recorder
Tascam DP-02