Mixer question

Started by IanR, October 11, 2012, 06:31:43 AM

IanR

Hi,

I just bought a new mixer that has the ability to send and receive both an aux signal and an effects signal.

Its a Cerwin Vega 10 track thingy.

Does anyone know how to rig the thing up to use theses loop facilities?  Or can you point me to a site that perhaps has good instructions?

best regards

Ian

PS The reason that I bought this mixer was that it was on special due to Allans, our big music shop chain, closing down sale.  I am very saddened by this because it was a great place to go when I had GAS, which was quite often.  This internet thingy has killed it off.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

henwrench

If I'm looking at the right model, it's basically the same as using an FX pedal (sort of!)....

take patch leads from the AUX send, into your FX unit and then from the output of your FX unit back into the AUX return. Er....that's about it!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mach

Yep that's about it. I don't have the CV, but I use the post aux most of the time on my mixer. It doesn't seem as harsh or hot and it has a push button switch to feed fx or feed dry.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

That was a tough one for me to figure out when I was trying to add compression to a mixer channel that had only one jack for that process! It would have been nice to have had an in and out jack.

What I had to use was a TRS(Stereo) 1/4" jack split into two TS(Mono) jacks that served as input and output. Then of course I hooked the jacks up backwards at first and the sound was not pleasurable. Not to mention the required cable cost 25 bucks...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

IanR

Thanks for the advice chaps

I've now checked out how it works.  Simple.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One