Suburban Behemoth

Started by suburban behemoth, August 22, 2012, 04:20:28 PM

suburban behemoth

Good evening!

My name is Paul. I've been playing music for almost twenty years, on one instrument or another. I play bass, guitar, keys, drums, and (ugh) sing.  I've been recording on one format or another for about twelve or fifteen of them.

I like Cakewalk Music Creator for Loop and synthesized music. Most of what I have posted on the Web has been recorded on a Tascam DP-004. I recently purchased a BOSS BR-864 and can't wait to do some damage.

Most of what I've recorded can be found in one of two places:

Www.reverbnation.com/ahdmahundreddrunkenmonkeys

and...

www.soundcloud.com/paul-j-vigeant

I am always down for a collaboration, as I have many projects buzzing around in my brain. I can be found on twitter and facebook, and I keep my music based correspondences at suburbanbehemoth@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Paul V.
recorder
Boss BR-864

Redler

Welcome to the site, Paul!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Welcome aboard! And dive right in to the post your work sections :-)

suburban behemoth

Nice to meet you guys.  Had an eventful year in which I sound everything, and now find myself rebuilding anew.  Again, I know this is a place to for people to post new collaborations, but since most of my stuff on Soundcloud is guitar and drum tracks, if there is something you would be interested in tweaking, you have my permission to use it. I believe they're all downloadable, I think.  New to this.  Will post new stuff once I have a grip on this BOSS 864.   Cool things to come. I am into a plethora (10 cent word) of genres (5 cent).
recorder
Boss BR-864

Gnasty

hello from Canada Paul!!

Welcome to site!  Browse around at the other talent here too!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

launched

Welcome from another New Englander! Maybe we should do some crazy version of "Hippy Johnny(I'm Straight)" or something ;D

You're layin' down some good stuff!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

phantasm777

welcome! i also play drums, bass, guitar, keys, sing, most times i one man band it on here. but mostly for improvement as i have only come back to music at this pace a cpl yrs ago. being here has helped a lot in my progression. have fun!

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

suburban behemoth

Hey guys,

I don't know where to post this quite yet, but I figured I would share it here first.  I finally bit the bullet and recorded my first guitar track with the BR-864. The one I own is used and has some quirks,but I am pleased witht he results.

I will post it here when I have a computer to upload it to.  I added another guitar track and bassline this morning. Need to work on vocals. I have a song locked in my head. the vocal melody and lyrics are already done I am having a very hard time converting those lyrics and that melody into the guitar riff I am imagining. Please advise.
recorder
Boss BR-864

64Guitars

Quote from: suburban behemoth on August 26, 2012, 02:41:39 PMI don't know where to post this quite yet, but I figured I would share it here first.

Finished songs that you've recorded yourself or with other Songcrafters members go in the Original Songs or Cover Songs boards, depending on who wrote the song.

Unfinished songs that you'd like others to help with by contributing tracks should go in the Collaborations board.

If you have an unfinished song that you plan to finish yourself but would like to get some feedback to help you decide what else to do with it, I suppose this topic would be okay for that. We haven't really had anyone do that before. People usually only post the finished song. Because our server space is limited, I think there should ultimately be only one MP3 file uploaded per song. So, if you do want to post songs here for advice, I'd appreciate it if you could host them offsite (at Soundcloud, ReverbNation, alonetone, etc.) and just link to the song here. Either that, or post them here temporarily and remove them when you post the final version.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website