problems with mp3s in Audacity

Started by dragonshade, August 11, 2012, 01:27:41 AM

dragonshade

Hi everyone.. I am having a problem I do not remember having before. Just got my sound card up and running, downloaded Audacity and the plug-ins. No problem importing and working with WAV and MP3 files.. but when I export anything into an Mp3 file is sounds awful. Like it's been thru a blender and been sped up a bit. Sounds fine in Audacity, but once I turn into an MP3 sounds compressed and awful. (media player for example) I tried rebouncing with no reverb.. same thing (compression sound) after exporting as MP3. I do not remember having this problem before.

Oldrottenhead

i have a really old version but should be the same method

when you "save as" in audacity, click the options box directly under the "save as type box" where you select mp3, and make sure you are saving the mp3 at a good quality bitrate.

for example at 192kbps 441000hz and in stereo. should not be noticably different from the original wav file to human ears.

a bat or a whale might miss some higher and lower frequencies tho.  ;D ;D
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

dragonshade

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann