Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

kenny mac

Quote from: StephenM on October 12, 2022, 05:05:13 AMhow about "Produced By" fest where you record all the tracks but have to give it over to another SC to mix and produce the outcome..
I like that idea  8)

Bishmanrock

I also like that idea - or any idea that makes people work together. Bonus points if it's making people who together who normally wouldn't. Maybe get people to put their name in a draw and then pair folk up? Maybe like 'write half a song, then pass it onto the person your matched with'.

No idea how that'd work in the context of a competition, seems quite involved to set up so probably not something to run with, but I'm just spitballing. Anything that lends itself to the community working together is a good idea I reckon.

recorder
Cubase

cuthbert

Quote from: StephenM on October 12, 2022, 05:05:13 AMhow about "Produced By" fest where you record all the tracks but have to give it over to another SC to mix and produce the outcome..

We had one of those, back in Nov/Dec 2015 (before your time here, I know):

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=24085

Festival jukebox:

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=festival;sa=ProducerFest

But another ProducerFest is certainly a possibility.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

Quote from: cuthbert on October 12, 2022, 02:22:51 PM

We had one of those, back in Nov/Dec 2015 (before your time here, I know):

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=24085

Festival jukebox:

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=festival;sa=ProducerFest

But another ProducerFest is certainly a possibility.

thanks Cuthbert... i will listen to some of those...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Quote from: Bishmanrock on October 12, 2022, 08:47:05 AMI also like that idea - or any idea that makes people work together. Bonus points if it's making people who together who normally wouldn't. Maybe get people to put their name in a draw and then pair folk up? Maybe like 'write half a song, then pass it onto the person your matched with'.

No idea how that'd work in the context of a competition, seems quite involved to set up so probably not something to run with, but I'm just spitballing. Anything that lends itself to the community working together is a good idea I reckon.

Or running with the pairing people who don't normally work together idea... could be a half and half original track like Bishmanrock says, or even a collab on a classic rock cover song. Choosing from a selection given or even a year?
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

I like the "produced by" idea. It's a thing that could be done annually, as a centennial, or whatever. People learn new tricks and old dogs can still play. Would be interesting...

All kinds of collaborations too of course.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ted

A Neil Swanson Fest! This post from j.g. gave me the idea. Our late Songcrafter gifted us so much instrumental music that we could build upon: add vocals, add instruments, remix.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on November 17, 2022, 11:42:18 PMA Neil Swanson Fest! This post from j.g. gave me the idea. Our late Songcrafter gifted us so much instrumental music that we could build upon: add vocals, add instruments, remix.

I wasn't on the site while he was with us but I have listened to a number of his tracks and read alot of his comments... this could be a fun fest...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

Songcrafter fest ,we've had a few .
Where you take another songcrafters song and do your own version.

Zoltan

Force fest. No... not a Star Wars fest :)

I mean an annual fest that's meant to awaken all of those Songcrafters who are procrastinating, laying dormant, or gone where the grass is greener. To other platforms where the audiences are vast and the admiration  is limitless!

A site wide system alert (i think it might be possible to do via admin PM?) to all users. This might sound a bit pushy, but it might help someone to pick up their craft again, and / or act as a kind reminder.

For those who are already hyperactive the fest would offer a chance to do a FORCE fest. Meaning that you're forced to write a song. No waiting for inspiration. Nah, just plain old gruelling work of doing song as a task.

In the end this might even out things. Some people would come back to SC, and some would quit because of the FORCE fest :D It's not necessarily fun to write songs on command...

Just a wild thought.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper