Suggestions for future festivals

Started by 64Guitars, June 12, 2012, 02:38:01 PM

WarpCanada

+1 vote for the Cut UP idea and the chord progression idea from MyIdolIsJahia.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

BerryPatch

Another 1+ for the cut method from me. That would be a lot of fun. The chord progression idea would be interesting too.

Bluesberry

Love the cut up fest idea... it would be fun as heck to see what everyone came up with...and for me personally writing lyrics is the hardest part of writing a song...it prevents me from finishing songs at times (a lot of the time) ....so it would help me to get something out the door....and have fun with penning lyrics for a change...if an infinite number of monkeys sat at an infinite number of typewriters.......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

I see that "Road Trip" has never made the cut. Here's something for inspiration:

I realise that (checking...) 100 percent of my friends in Great Britain are members of this forum, who I have never met in person.

I would have said the U.K., but I have a friend who managed to escape the USA to Ireland.

(I'm also showing off that I'm one of those rare Americans who knows the difference between England, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom. Look at me. Be impressed.)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Greeny

I grew up near a village called Cocking, which entertained locals and visitors alike.

'Does your mum like Cocking cider?' was a well-worn phrase. It works better in a West Sussex accent  ;D ::)

Flash Harry

Trev lives somewhere near Penistone.

This is me and my mate Phil on a road trip to Pompei just over a year ago in a car that ought to have been scrapped three years before we bought it to do the trip...

Penistone makes a good motoring joke for 13 year old boys.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hilary

Is there any point in having the festivals at the moment with so few submissions - or am I being a negative shit-stirrer again?

I Googled Cocking, not my finest hour . . .
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: Hilary on February 10, 2021, 02:44:22 PMIs there any point in having the festivals at the moment with so few submissions - or am I being a negative shit-stirrer again?

I Googled Cocking, not my finest hour . . .

It's a real place - honest! Actually not far from where they film BBC's 'Repair Shop' at the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum. Not sure I'd Google it though!

Yeah - I've noticed that with festivals. I think it's just a blip. A sort of lockdown lethargy or something. I'd hate to see them go.

Hilary

It's a serious point - if we suspended them for a while and then brought them back members might realise what they were missing and actually participate.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça