recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

64Guitars

I've said it before and I'll say it again; the floor is the wrong place for hand-operated controls, including touch screens. In my opinion, all multi-effect units should be made in two pieces - a floor piece and a tabletop or rackmount piece - with a cable connecting them. The tabletop or rackmount piece contains all the electronics, displays, and hand-operated controls. The floor piece contains only foot-operated controls such as switches and expression pedals.

Roland got it right with their VG-99. Unfortunately, it's very expensive. I wish they'd make some more-affordable multi-effects units in the same two-piece design. And I wish DigiTech and other effects makers would do the same. DigiTech should have designed this as a tabletop unit that the iPad slides into with a midi cable going to the floor-based controller.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

chip

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 01, 2012, 08:47:00 PMI've said it before and I'll say it again; the floor is the wrong place for hand-operated controls, including touch screens. In my opinion, all multi-effect units should be made in two pieces - a floor piece and a tabletop or rackmount piece - with a cable connecting them. The tabletop or rackmount piece contains all the electronics, displays, and hand-operated controls. The floor piece contains only foot-operated controls such as switches and expression pedals.

Roland got it right with their VG-99. Unfortunately, it's very expensive. I wish they'd make some more-affordable multi-effects units in the same two-piece design. And I wish DigiTech and other effects makers would do the same. DigiTech should have designed this as a tabletop unit that the iPad slides into with a midi cable going to the floor-based controller.

Quite agree. I kept all my pedals on a table so I could adjust and play about with the controls, putting them on the floor is flawed. Mind you it didn't look as cool as the roland set up.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.